Home

Convince 2K Sports to make another Football game ?

This is a discussion on Convince 2K Sports to make another Football game ? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #49
Rookie

Trustpt's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Convince 2K Sports to make another Football game ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
It became official this week that the XBox 360 web servers for APF2K8 were no longer going to be supported. Needless to say, I can't see them getting back into the football market when they aren't willing to support their current fan base with online league features that already exist (really just baffles me...).

The news on the losses with the MLB license and the state of Take Two in general don't seem to support the risk either.
What about PS3 servers? Are they going to be shut down also? I just bought the game.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #50
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustpt
What about PS3 servers? Are they going to be shut down also? I just bought the game.
Don't confuse the online servers with the league webservers. You can still play games and leagues online, but the APF2K8 online webservers are no longer available. As far as I know, the PS3 never had access to the online league web servers for some reason.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #51
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't understand why they wont make another game. There are a lot more consoles in use than there was 3 years ago for one thing so more customers than were available when 2k8 dropped, and they have the base to work with so it shouldn't cost a ton of money.

Honestly, they could drop the legends go with all generics to free up some more cash and just concentrate on customization. Allow us to design our own divisions, conference structure so we can recreate a league that in some ways resembles the NFL and I think it would be profitable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I don't understand why they wont make another game. There are a lot more consoles in use than there was 3 years ago for one thing so more customers than were available when 2k8 dropped, and they have the base to work with so it shouldn't cost a ton of money.

Honestly, they could drop the legends go with all generics to free up some more cash and just concentrate on customization. Allow us to design our own divisions, conference structure so we can recreate a league that in some ways resembles the NFL and I think it would be profitable.
Asking Visual Concepts to make 4 games is a bit much. I think this may be part of the reason why we arent see'ing another football game. They make MLB, NBA and NHL. Thats alot for 1 studio. VC isnt all that bit. They share a building with 2K Marin and 2K cooperate.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 10

Since 2k might be dropping its hockey franchise and MLB is in shambles, they have to restructure, and maybe they can concentrate on a Football title. They really only have the NBA that is going anywhere. Baseball and hockey, isnt really americas past time anymore. Football is still number#1 in america, and if they concentrate on a generic full customization football title, they would do well. It would give Gamers a choice instead of Madden. Just have NFL2k5 presentation and AllPro gameplay a good Franchise mode and its on.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #54
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

They could do a multi-year development cycle as well, with a DLC add-on inbetween to keep gamers interested. That'd be the path I'd take. Actually, read my latest blog 'How 2K Sports Rights the Ship' to see what 2K Sports should be doing.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #55
All Star

OVR: 21

I don't see what their incentive would be. And I definitely don't think they should do it for the fans. Look at how harshly the first one was judged, both critically (expected, since reviewers have been carrying Madden for all it's down years) and from a fan standpoin. Many "fans" sunk the game day one for not having some sort of franchise mode, giving no consideration to how hard it would be to implement one in the first year.

Now 2K8 almost serves as a psuedo-training game to show Tiburon how to make a football game, and VC gets no credit for it. I see people actually lauding Madden for the cpu doing something that should be expected, like calling a pass interference. It's ridiculous how low expectations of Madden are, and how high expectations would be of another unlicensed 2K football game. I'd love to see another 2K game, but I wouldn't think it's worth the headache for Visual Concepts

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 28

I disagree completely, spank. I think it would be worth it. More people than you think have had enough of the crapfest that is Madden. I don't even play football games anymore, and I had been playing them since the Atari 2600 when I was a kid. APF is still king for me, and at this point, Madden is so atrocious, and so far behind other sports games, I don't even really desire the NFL in the game anymore. If 2k were to knock it out of the park with an unlicensed fully customizable game, they would deliver a knockout blow to EA Sports.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »