Home

should i get this game?

This is a discussion on should i get this game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #33
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: should i get this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Why should you get this game? How about it costs about 3 dollars, instead of going to McDonalds and getting a couple double cheeseburgers, go to gamestop
Yup, for $3 there's no way you can go wrong with this game. I bought it for $5 about eight months ago, and I still play the game today.

Last edited by duke776; 02-10-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: wrong time frame...
Old 02-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
I got it yesterday for $5, it's really fun but not arcade fun. You really have to pick the right play, like a chess match

I'm jealous...I bought it for full price when it first came out and played it once.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #35
Banned

KC_Classic7807's Arena

OVR: 11

Yesssssssssssssssssssss u should this is so worth the $5-6 dollars it prob. cost to this day this game is better then Madden's 2008,09,10 LOL thats sad how is a game better in many aspects of football. The only problem with APF 2k8 is there are not multiple season dynasties witch really is upseting because the game was great.

To this day, I still play play NFL 2k5 too that game was great too!!
2K sports makes really good sports games wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy superior ro ea sports garbarge they put out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #36
MVP

great looking and a great playing football game. it's all in the details and this game is full of them.

if you are a fan of football(not the nfl but the game of football) then you really should own this game.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I just thought the players textures could have more detail. The stadiums really are the same way. It really doesn't look awful, it's just obvious that 2K went for more animations and a faster FPS rather than go for more detail in the graphics.

The game is fun and worth a few bucks IMO but it's really more a "what could 2K have done with real time and an NFL license" game to me than a legitimate, complete game.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I just thought the players textures could have more detail. The stadiums really are the same way. It really doesn't look awful, it's just obvious that 2K went for more animations and a faster FPS rather than go for more detail in the graphics.

The game is fun and worth a few bucks IMO but it's really more a "what could 2K have done with real time and an NFL license" game to me than a legitimate, complete game.

this game can be considered incomplete, but not because of a lack of an nfl license. would the license have helped?? absolutely, but even with the license in its current state it still would have only gone so far.

the thing this game really needed was more customization and a franchise option. those 2 things would have helped this game a ton and would have pushed it well over the top; even without the license.
as it stands it is still the best playing/looking video football game i have ever played.

all of the important things are in:

graphics-other than the turf are full of detail from the rain splashing off of the helmets to the turf ripping up under the feet of players,and lets not forget the crowd.

game play- different play styles for all players, marino is different from cunningham who is different from montana etc...
calling the right play actually matters;playing in different weather has an effect on the game; a challenge system that allows you to challenge a number of different things per play.

animations-the deep pass, the live sidelines,facial expressions, players fighting for position,gang tackles,players stumbling both on offense and defense,Oline/Dline interaction,refs on the field and in the way throwing flags when a penalty occurs...i could go on..

commentary/atmosphere- there is no equal, dan and peter has to be the absolute best team to ever call a video football game. very organic very life like commentary.

this game is full of detail graphics included.

Last edited by mr_president; 02-18-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:30 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I agree with a lot of what you said but I still think many folks, yourself included, are overlooking the lack of graphical textures and detail due to the fine animations and admittedly cool effects such as weather bring to the table. Reviewers and others have said the same thing, the graphics are barely a step above the original Xbox and in many ways inferior to the original NFL2K5.

The game had it's merits but it was a huge disappointment considering how good NFL2K5 was and how we all thought we'd see a rather large leap from NFL2K5 to AP2K8. It just didn't happen unfortunately..
Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

to me the game is the best football game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »