Home

should i get this game?

This is a discussion on should i get this game? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15
should i get this game?

right now i'm addicted to college hoops 2k8... i also have nba 2k10 and i'm lookin for a new football game to go to since madden and ea sports have lost my loyalties....

is this a good football simulation or more like an acrade type with all these superstars?

are all the players too skilled/talented? one thing i hate in games is when after a couple years of franchise/dynasty all the players have progressed way too far and all the teams are far better than they should be....

like to hear some pros and cons of this game thanks in advance...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: should i get this game?

I got it yesterday for $5, it's really fun but not arcade fun. You really have to pick the right play, like a chess match
Old 01-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It's not arcade at all. It's a fun simulation, fantastic animations but terrible graphics (think Xbox type graphics). All in all it was a game with merits but a real letdown after how good NFL2K5 was. I definitely think it's worth picking up cheap though.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
right now i'm addicted to college hoops 2k8... i also have nba 2k10 and i'm lookin for a new football game to go to since madden and ea sports have lost my loyalties....

is this a good football simulation or more like an acrade type with all these superstars?

are all the players too skilled/talented? one thing i hate in games is when after a couple years of franchise/dynasty all the players have progressed way too far and all the teams are far better than they should be....

like to hear some pros and cons of this game thanks in advance...
The best playing and best looking this gen. Not even close.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Best playing is debateable but best looking, LOL, what game are you playing? The game has many great attributes but graphics aren't one of them. Frankly it looks between an xbox and an xbox 360 game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #6
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Best playing is debateable but best looking, LOL, what game are you playing? The game has many great attributes but graphics aren't one of them. Frankly it looks between an xbox and an xbox 360 game.
Best playing is debatable, but APF2K8 always comes out on top.

I imagine he's referring to the animations. Madden looks great when paused in a replay, or when playing the replays real slow, but their rendering engine can't render the entire game fluidily even on the very slow setting included in Madden 10, thus the animations appear jittery / robotic. APF2K8's animations are extremely fluid, and thus the game when in motion is easily the best looking.

Honest story here. My parents once saw me playing APF2K8 and thought it was a real football game. I then showed them Madden, and they said there was no way they could mistake it for the real thing. It was too 'choppy'. My father even asked 'what happened to the commentary'? lol
Old 01-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

It's the only playable football game on the market, EA Sports is just an abombination. This isn't real football, but it resembles it.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Yes, please do get the game. Valdarez is correct about what he said. APF 2K8 ahs it's problems - but it is still muucchh better than madden will probably ever be. I have a roommate who plays madden 2010 and it is actuallly much better than 2009. Yet, EA sports is like the pedophile grandfather that will try to get away with as much as he can and then when he is called on it, he thinks up excuses to lull you to sleep until he ****s you over the next time. True ....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »