Home

demo question

This is a discussion on demo question within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
demo question

have only played the demo a bit, and didnt think it was that great...did they make the actual game better then the demo?

loved 2k5...will i like this?

like madden 10's demo blew but the game was only slightly better then blowing...

Last edited by hort22; 04-23-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: demo question

What didn't you like from the demo?

I have never played the demo, but for under $5, you can't go wrong with APF. You should get your money's worth just by buying a used copy. Cheaper than renting the game.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
Rookie

thought it was to hurky jurky compared to 2k5...who knows, if my local gamestop has it i will pick it up...like you said its only $5.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

The gameplay is better on offense than 2k5, but defensive gameplay suffers. User-controlled players on defense are slower to change direction than in 2k5 and there are more missed tackles that should be sure-fire stops.

The offensive side is really nice though, as the blocking schemes are the best you'll see in a game, the QB anims are tight, and the WRs have all kinds of dynamic things happen in their routes you don't see in other games. You launch a long one to a WR that's a step behind, and you'll see him put his head down and sprint to be in better position. You call a post/corner route to a WR with poor agility, he may lose footing and have to put his hand down on the turf to keep his balance.

Awesome. It's so sad you'll be staring at 3 OLs that all have the same numbers and there's no franchise mode. If you can overcome these flaws, the game has the best football gameplay available right now. But that's about all. It's a very shallow game.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrcfntdorgamiartist
If you can overcome these flaws, the game has the best football gameplay available right now. But that's about all. It's a very shallow game.
This.
but for the price you need to go for it, you can probably find enough quarters in the cushions of your couch to buy this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
Rookie

just bought on ebay...should be here in a few days....gonna load up on 2 gold, 3 silver, and 6 bronze offensive players and go with scrubs on D...for my first game!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hort22
just bought on ebay...should be here in a few days....gonna load up on 2 gold, 3 silver, and 6 bronze offensive players and go with scrubs on D...for my first game!
Haha, I played the AI on Legend with that exact same set up last night and I lost 45-42 in the closing seconds. Curse John Elway and his 4th Qtr comeback ability!

Good luck keeping the opponents offense in check.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »