Home

2k5 vs All Pro

This is a discussion on 2k5 vs All Pro within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: 2k5 vs All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon
The game does not offer franchise, but that makes sense to me. In all reality, how do we know what age these players are in the game? Are we getting all the legends as rookies, because God knows nobody wants rookie Aikmen or rookie Maynard. The legends come in at ages and expiration dates we really are not sure about. It just isn't a franchise friendly game. God, what I wouldn't give for another APF where they could figure something out for a franchise mode. Or no franchise again, just another All-Pro.
Yeah, I'm actually fine with no franchise mode b/c it forces you to come up with different team creations, and there are so many choices for you (pass heavy, run heavy, defensively strong but 1-2 legends on offense and vice-versa) that make the game fun.

I just wish there was a way to edit the CPU teams b/c that can get old playing the same CPU teams in Season Mode. If you have 2 controllers you can play your user-created teams in Exhibition games and that is fun.
Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Old 06-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

I just got APF 2k8, as I've been continually disappointed by every game in madden being completely predictable.

Right now, I'm really only good enough to play on the stock 'all-pro' difficulty. I've started my first season with my team. I built a pass heavy team. But I can still run the ball in certain situations--mainly outside runs with Roger Craig.

Anyhow, in 2k8, every game has been different. Very dynamic. I've beaten better teams than me because I captured momentum at important times in the game. As well, I've had a number of close games with teams I should have easily beaten because I simply didn't close them out or gave them opportunities to get back into the game.

Beyond that, every player is so unique. I got picked off by a gold star MLB whille trying to hit an out route to Don Maynard. I totally did not anticipate the LB to be that fast. And it was nothing like in madden, where the MLB has to do some levitational super-man rocket thrust jump to get there and make the play. He was just quick to react to the ball and fast enough to get into position and make a play.

2k8 = very very fun and dynamic game, despite there being no continuation of franchise mode, and despite the fact that you only get to manage 11 of the guys on your roster.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

2k5 is a real fun game with amazing presentation and finns editor makes it really fun and unique but on the other side all pro football has the greatest game play of all time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 06:50 AM   #12
Banned

Well After playing 2k5 for a while I am going back to ALL Pro..
Yes 2k5 has the old time teams I want, Yes You can do more than 1 season. But to me its all about how it plays on the Field..
2k5 has to many issues.. As I have posted before I love just watching ALL Pro, its like watching a real game..
Old 06-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #13
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll1968
I just got APF 2k8, as I've been continually disappointed by every game in madden being completely predictable.

Right now, I'm really only good enough to play on the stock 'all-pro' difficulty. I've started my first season with my team. I built a pass heavy team. But I can still run the ball in certain situations--mainly outside runs with Roger Craig.

Anyhow, in 2k8, every game has been different. Very dynamic. I've beaten better teams than me because I captured momentum at important times in the game. As well, I've had a number of close games with teams I should have easily beaten because I simply didn't close them out or gave them opportunities to get back into the game.

Beyond that, every player is so unique. I got picked off by a gold star MLB whille trying to hit an out route to Don Maynard. I totally did not anticipate the LB to be that fast. And it was nothing like in madden, where the MLB has to do some levitational super-man rocket thrust jump to get there and make the play. He was just quick to react to the ball and fast enough to get into position and make a play.

2k8 = very very fun and dynamic game, despite there being no continuation of franchise mode, and despite the fact that you only get to manage 11 of the guys on your roster.
Yeah, I think the difference between APF 2k8 and Madden is that APF 2k8 feels more organic. It seems like you'll see something different, something natural every game. Every game can be different. When I fire up Madden, and I do like Madden 10, it feels like I'm going through the motions.

One thing that's becoming more and more of an issue to me is that there are no in-game saves in either APF (or 2k5) or Madden 10. And the Simulate to End or SuperSim (in Madden) features just don't cut it for me. My games tend to be 1.5 to 2 hours long and it's tough to find that kind of time in my day these days. I can't stand to play on shorter quarter lengths because then the stats become all wacked out. Ah, it's something we just gotta live with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 06-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #14
Rookie

What are the gameplay problems people have with 2K5? I have both games and prefer 2K5. I think the gameplay is fantastic in both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »