Home

Any Hopes Still Alive?

This is a discussion on Any Hopes Still Alive? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Any Hopes Still Alive?

This is ignoring the college license situation, which I haven't seen an update on in a while, although I assume EA renewed it at some point.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 28

All of this is for nothing, unfortunately. 2k, nor anyone else, is getting the NFL license. Much of the Madden production team realizes they have a sub par product, believe me. However, there isn't much they are going to be able to do about it. It's all business. It would not make any sense for EA to invest heavily into innovating with Madden when they have a guaranteed cash cow with it. That cow is due, in large part, to having the exclusive. They know that many folks HAVE to have their NFL game, no matter how crappy it might be. EA will spend their last dollar if they have to in order to retain that license, and the NFL doesn't see any reason as to why they shouldn't. The game sells millions of copies every year, it puts the NFL brand out there, it appeals to younger kids and casual fans especially. You think it is only EA who is pushing for the casual crowd? Think again. The NFL is also pushing that, which is probably a big part of their head scratching decisions in the vision of the game. Like it or not, we are stuck with Madden as the only NFL game for many, many years. The best thing to do is accept it and hope for 2k to make a completely generic game with a fictional league that has all of the great elements that make football gaming great.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
The best thing to do is accept it and hope for 2k to make a completely generic game with a fictional league that has all of the great elements that make football gaming great.
2k have all but said that that isn't going to happen.

And it still doesn't answer the question about the NCAA license.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #52
EA Game Changer

AzureEffect's Arena

OVR: 5

Nothing will happen until people stop supporting Madden in respectable numbers. Lets say Madden 10 sold 1.5 million copies in its first year of release...with one of its main features being "Online Franchise". Here comes Madden 11...touting no changes or update to that mode and the sales dip. EA would have to then explore why the sales went down seeing as they cited their "in game surveys" as being a reason they made no changes to Online Franchise because "it was an underused mode". Until we hit them in the pockets; nothing will change. As long as people go out and buy it; it says to EA "we like what you are doing and we will support you no matter how you sh!t on us".

Don't like it? Don't buy it and encourage others to take the same stand. The consumer has the power. Nobody HAS to HAVE Madden...
Old 08-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #53
EA Game Changer

AzureEffect's Arena

Also, it is terrible that APF2K8 didnt have a Franchise mode. That sinks the game in my opinion. I can live without the NFL as long as I am able to create the players & teams I want but no Franchise mode and no regression or progression of players was downright . I even had a proposed rating system to upgrade and downgrade star players and how players could gain or lose new abilities.

It is clear that 2K & Visual Concepts have a superior engine when it comes down to Football & technique in the video game realm. It is really too bad that they can't sell a game because of no NFL license.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureEffect
Also, it is terrible that APF2K8 didnt have a Franchise mode. That sinks the game in my opinion. I can live without the NFL as long as I am able to create the players & teams I want but no Franchise mode and no regression or progression of players was downright . I even had a proposed rating system to upgrade and downgrade star players and how players could gain or lose new abilities.

It is clear that 2K & Visual Concepts have a superior engine when it comes down to Football & technique in the video game realm. It is really too bad that they can't sell a game because of no NFL license.
Yep, I'm completely with you. I have both, but I play 2k5 and leave APF on the shelf for this very reason.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #55
EA Game Changer

AzureEffect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Yep, I'm completely with you. I have both, but I play 2k5 and leave APF on the shelf for this very reason.
I also have both. I only find myself playing APF when I want to be on XBL...2K5 is like crack. Can't just play one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #56
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
Angry Re: Any Hopes Still Alive?

[quote=AzureEffect;2041415189]Nothing will happen until people stop supporting Madden in respectable numbers.
This statement pretty much sums it up for us PERIOD!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »