Home

Can't score against zone defense

This is a discussion on Can't score against zone defense within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 02:49 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Can't score against zone defense

Anyone have tips on how to move the ball against a zone defense? It seems no matter where I throw the ball, someone is there to tip it, intercept it, or tackle my guy. Sometimes even if they have no stars in the secondary. Problem is running against the zone doesn't do much either. I try calling zones in response, but they are able to pass right around them easily. is there a certain zone in this game that is hard to beat?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Can't score against zone defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
Anyone have tips on how to move the ball against a zone defense? It seems no matter where I throw the ball, someone is there to tip it, intercept it, or tackle my guy. Sometimes even if they have no stars in the secondary. Problem is running against the zone doesn't do much either. I try calling zones in response, but they are able to pass right around them easily. is there a certain zone in this game that is hard to beat?
sliders are your friend... just make it a bit easier for awhile, you'll improve to the point where it is too easy and then you can tilt the sliders back to the CPU

of course thats only if you're playing the CPU
Old 07-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
sliders are your friend... just make it a bit easier for awhile, you'll improve to the point where it is too easy and then you can tilt the sliders back to the CPU

of course thats only if you're playing the CPU
Im talking online. Everyone sits in zone.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22

Find the hole. Deep middle is there on Coer 2/3. Crossing routes should also work well in Cover 3.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

right before the play look at the safeties. If you have 1 high then its probably some form of cover 3.

If you have 2 high than its probably some form of cover 2. Against cover 2 the corner route is usually pretty deadly.

figure out what works against certain defenses than take advantage of that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #6
Banned

KC_Classic7807's Arena

OVR: 11

Check what zone it is 1st lol the funny thing was i read this thread and thought to myself, I never see zones what is this guy talking about? but sure enough the next game in my season I seen zone. At 1st I though yeah this guy is right theres no way to beat the zone. But this was before I remember that all zones are the same in football C2 C3 and C4 there are also other zones but they are situational but they have the same consept I think the best way to beat zones are to spread the ball around a be patient. Trust me I know It so frusterating throwing to the guys with no star and they do not catch. Just have faith, They will start catching them, My last game acually came down to the last drive of the game. 3 down and goal 10 sec left I just threw 2 inc. the play before. I was sure it was over. I dropped back looked at my star reciever was going to force a pass, didnt I checked him off, went to the next man checked him off and then I seen it my man, in the white jerset yellow pants wide open. It sate right between the corner and dime back, TOUCHDOWN!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »