Home

This game is good!!!

This is a discussion on This game is good!!! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: This game is good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
That is my favorite thing about the game as well:

The best pass defense is a great pass rush. Just like real football.

And in APF 2K8, you can totally shut down the other team's deep passing game with a strong pass rush.

The only thing that bothers me is that offensive linemen in APF 2K8 don't have nearly as much impact as defensive linemen.

For some fun, try rebuilding the 1991 Eagles:

DE - Reggie White
DT - Jerome Brown
DT - Mike Golic
DE - Clyde Simmons

That group will dominate games for you.

If anyone wants a 1991 Eagles uniform code, just let me know and I'll track down the ones I made.

Here's my Power Pass Rush team of Doleman and Millard.

It brings a tear to my eye, watching these guys just blow apart a generic OL.

If 'the other game' had guys like Dwight Freeney, Jared Allen, Julius Peppers, play like themselves..it would instantly be much more realistic, just by doing that alone.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I love the feeling you get in APF 2K8 when the other team is facing 3rd and long and you know they are already punting.

Why?

Your pass rushers will get there before deep, downfield routes have time to develop.

That part of football is completely absent from EA Tiburon games.

Maybe 1 out of 10 times in Madden, you might get a sack with a 4-man rush because some O-lineman glitched out and let his man in free to the QB.

But a fierce front-four in APF 2K8 will either sack the QB, force him to scramble and throw on the run, or force a "pressure" that causes the pass to sail.

Once you do sack the QB a few times, he gets "rattled" if he doesn't have the Tough as Nails attribute and starts to make a lot of wild throws on his own, even without pressure.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-10-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
I love the feeling you get in APF 2K8 when the other team is facing 3rd and long and you know they are already going to be punting.

Why?

Your pass rushers will get there before deep routes have time to develop.

Maybe, 1 out of 10 times in Madden, you might get a sack because some O-lineman glitched out and let his man in free to the QB.

A fierce pass rush in APF 2K8 will either sack the QB, force him to scramble and throw on the run, or force a "pressure" that causes the pass to sail.

Only way to do it in madden is to control the DLs manually, but then leaves you to pull your hair out over the hook and deep zones
Old 11-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
I love the feeling you get in APF 2K8 when the other team is facing 3rd and long and you know they are already punting.

Why?

Your pass rushers will get there before deep, downfield routes have time to develop.

Maybe 1 out of 10 times in Madden, you might get a sack with a 4-man rush because some O-lineman glitched out and let his man in free to the QB.

But a fierce front-four in APF 2K8 will either sack the QB, force him to scramble and throw on the run, or force a "pressure" that causes the pass to sail.

Once you do sack the QB a few times, he gets "rattled" if he doesn't have the Tough as Nails attribute and starts to make a lot of wild throws on his own, even without pressure.
This is exactly right. It's cool to have those OL/DL matchups actually exist! I remember having a legend OT at times and how much that allowed me to dictate the game. He'd always handle being singled up and that allowed double teams elsewhere.

I think what really stands out is that in order to convert 3rd and long against a competent opponent, you have to actually go above and beyond to make an exceptional play. In the other game you can gain 20 yards without much effort.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 11-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

3rd and long in Madden is a situation I dread as a defense because I know how easy it is to complete downfield passes.

I actually prefer 3rd and short as a defense because it's easier to defend the short routes in that game.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
3rd and long in Madden is a situation I dread as a defense because I know how easy it is to complete downfield passes.

I actually prefer 3rd and short as a defense because it's easier to defend the short routes in that game.

hahaha...such an odd way of thinking of it.

That reminds me of what I have always said about Madden.

I like this year's game, its really fun IMO...but it requires counterintuitive football thinking at times.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
This game is a masterpiece. I'm just getting back into it. Just destroyed by an Archie Manning lead team 10-34. 2-2 on the season. No two games will be the same.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »