Home

NFL League, Full 32 Teams (or close)

This is a discussion on NFL League, Full 32 Teams (or close) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5
NFL League, Full 32 Teams (or close)

$100 Prize to the winner!!!

This is a Casual Adult Gamers league ( http://www.casualadultgamers.com ). What is CAG? It is a site dedicated to friendly competition. Sportsmanship is a premium as many of us are adults. This is just a game and we absolutely will not tolerate a lack of sportsmanship.

What will the league feature?

-32 teams or as close as possible. We already have 9 or 10.

-A realistic NFL schedule with a realistic playoffs system. If we can get close to 32 teams, I will put together a schedule realistic to the NFL which means you will play division opponents twice and as many of the same non-division teams as I can work out (there is a bye week in the NFL but not on 2K so that makes it tough). I have done this before so I know how to do it. As for the playoffs, probably we will play games in the league lobby with a forum bracket to simulate the bye week/wild card system for playoffs.

-8 or 16 games (16 I am thinking), 1 game per week. This will allow you to really build up to each game as if it were the real NFL.

-Sim gameplay. The difficulty is Legend with slight modification which essentially makes it slightly easier to run the ball than legend (in my experience) or harder to stop the run, depending how you look at it. More on sim gameplay below.

-No team validations/few restrictions. Build the team you like. We hope you will make the team realistic, but you do not have to have offensive linemen and you can tailor the team within reason to suit your playstyle. We are asking for team validations, however this is only for emergencies, so to speak (e.g. you make the Panthers with 2 gold WRs and a silver TE).

N.B. No branching Tackles or Route God, 3 ability Golds – those are the only restrictions

-Play however you like. Again we hope you will play the way your team plays or pick a team that plays like you like to play but we are not enforcing this. Ultimately you can play in a way that suits your strengths/however you want.

-League Updates and rankings complete with graphics. tjspeaks/amid always does a great job of these. Depending on how the league goes we could do season end awards as well.

-A change to have your name enshrined in the CAG list of winners.

-There will be a $100 prize to the winner. Yes, we do pay out the prize. bmorerep won the last sponsored contest and was paid $100.

The following teams are taken. Again, even though these teams are taken you can build your team to suit your style, though we do hope you will build a realistic team.

1. Ravens (tjspeaks)
2. Texans (DTRAIN53)
3. Chiefs (Pcat Magoo)
4. Cowboys (El Greazy 1)
5. Bears (dazzo47)
6. Colts (dazzo0007)
7. Jets (X2KFOOTBALLG0DX)
8. Steelers or Packers (bmorerp87) I will try to get a definite out of him
9. Will take any team (tpaterniti)
10. Broncos (MINATURO)
11. 49ers (NTQ03)
12. ? (pieSMasher)

Further notes on Sportsmanship, CAG play, and sim play.

CAG NFL:

- We follow the rules
- We put sportsmanship first
- We respect each other on the field, after the game and in the forum
- We play all 8/16 games (win or lose)
- We enjoy competing (win or lose)
- Winning team posts 'player of the game' with stats after the game
- We forward the schedule the day after the deadline to keep the league moving
- We suggest not waiting until the last minute to play your game

I will just call your attention to the HUGE emphasis on sportsmanship. We are here for love of the game. Win or lose, we say GG to our opponent and treat him with respect. If rules violations come up, we try to handle them as amicably as possible and give our opponent the benfit of the doubt (i.e. handle it like adults – no nasty PMs) and own up to a mistake if you make it.

Simple Sim Rules:

Not a rule, but for your own enjoyment and the enjoyment of your opponent we should all vary our play calling. Mix it up, have fun and keep your opponent guessing!

- no manually blocking field goals
- no quick snapping (give the defense plenty of time to set up)
- no cadence (calling 'hut hut hut' to draw defense off sides)
- punt the ball on 4th down (unless you are kicking a fg, inside your opponents 40 yard line or behind in the 4th quarter).
- no hurdling (bunny hopping)
- no hurry up offense (unless inside the 2 minute mark or behind in the 4th quarter)
- Hot corner routes are forbidden. (This is taking your WR and hot routing him to the corner).
- Penalties are part of the game. Generally you should accept them all except for the late hit penalties (decline them).
- Fade routes are permitted in this league. However, they are limited to 1 attempt (successful or not) per half and only IF YOU ARE BEHIND.
- play all 8/16 games (win or lose)
- enjoy the competition

We have tried to make these rules simple but fair and I believe we have succeeded at doing this.

What Do You Have to Do?

- Sign up ASAP!!! The league is planning to start in about a weak and a half, regardless of how many people we have.

- Join CAG ( http://www.casualadultgamers.com/portal.php ) then make your way over to this forum: http://www.casualadultgamers.com/viewforum.php?f=190 You can post your team validations here (again just a formality for the most part) and once we get started a thread will be created for CAG X (this league – our 10th season). It is in this thread that you will schedule your games and report your game results.

I think that is all for now.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com

Last edited by tpaterniti; 10-05-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 02:33 AM   #2
Pro

Re: NFL League, Full 32 Teams (or close)

This sounds great. However I only got the game a few days ago. Will the league be over my head? I'd like to join this, and love to play sim style. But don't want to hold back the league by losing every game by 40
Old 10-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

Well there are a lot of good people in the league, but win or lose we are playing for fun. Even if you lost every game (which I doubt), if you have fun and show good sportsmanship, we would love to have you.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
Rookie

MINATAURO's Arena

I'll take the Broncos
Old 10-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

Great. Please post your roster ASAP.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #6
Pro

Great. I'll take the Rams. Will post my roster soon in the other forum.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
Pro

is it ps3 or 360?
Old 10-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »