Home

top 5 players in the game

This is a discussion on top 5 players in the game within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: top 5 players in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Problem with generic QBs is that once they start getting hit, its over, and there is also no margin for error with planting your feet, and also your timing.

Id much rather have a QB that I know can handle pass pressure, and make the throws I want.
Again once you get to know the game. You'll never get sacked or even close to it. Every defense has a whole. Run plays the have routes that expose the holes in every possible zone. And make quick reads for cover 2/3 or 4. And man is super easy to toast.

Only thing a generic QB can't do and star one can is those crazy 70 yard deep balls, but no good player is going to let you complete one of those anyway.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler7775
no way dude elways very accurate he always puts the ball right there , and you do need a quarter back to who said you dont you can have 4 wrs and with a non star qb all you can really run is slants the generic qbs suck going on deep routes or anything more then 25 yards
I really wish I could play you. You would never use a star QB again.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #19
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
throw in dwight clark on bronze
OH! You're right. The guy's practically a Silver.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Again once you get to know the game. You'll never get sacked or even close to it. Every defense has a whole. Run plays the have routes that expose the holes in every possible zone. And make quick reads for cover 2/3 or 4. And man is super easy to toast.

Only thing a generic QB can't do and star one can is those crazy 70 yard deep balls, but no good player is going to let you complete one of those anyway.

Ive been playing the game since release date.

i'll stick to my QBs who I can trust thanks.

To each their own..there's more then one way to skin the proverbial cat.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 55

Earl - nobody struck fear in the hearts of opponents on every single play like Mr. Campbell.
Dwight Clark
Jerry Rice
Maynard

I can't choose a 5th. Those 4 really play better than anyone relative to their tier and position. I can't decide on a gold QB. There's a few that could be argued as the best IMO. OJ Simpson almost makes this list for me... he had some great games for me in the Dynasty Legends league back in the day. Randy White and Jack Lambert helped fuel an undefeated ACQB season for me. I wouldn't consider them the best *individuals* though.

If this list was judging only solely the individual's skill, Marino is the most talented QB IMO. Reggie White has been pretty dominant at DL. Lem Barney and Willie Brown/Dick Lane at CB have been special at times in games. Some would argue Ben Coates at TE. Ditka went crazy against me sometimes.

For awhile Elvin Bethea was all the rage at DE. I think some of the legend OT's really did make a big difference for a team, but relatively speaking they probably can't make a top 5 list.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Ive been playing the game since release date.

i'll stick to my QBs who I can trust thanks.

To each their own..there's more then one way to skin the proverbial cat.
Then theres the best way.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

well raiders81 ill play you i have it for both system eather xbox or ps3 but i barely ever played it on ps3 but its the same thing pretty much if you ever wanna get a game in just let me know. but im tried generic qbs some are better then others it just depends how you play and yea there holes in defenses but i hope you dont cheese and do slants to the outside against zones if you do then i dont wanna play
Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #24
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler7775
well raiders81 ill play you i have it for both system eather xbox or ps3 but i barely ever played it on ps3 but its the same thing pretty much if you ever wanna get a game in just let me know. but im tried generic qbs some are better then others it just depends how you play and yea there holes in defenses but i hope you dont cheese and do slants to the outside against zones if you do then i dont wanna play
I've heard this argument since the game was released, that it is cheese to run the flag route against zone. The only people who make that argument are those who want to sit in zone all game and demand you run plays that can be stopped by that zone.

But, that's not football. The flag route is legit and an absolute "must" to break the zone defense. I like to stay in zone a few plays, let the opponent get comfortable hitting a few flag routes and then hot route man coverage with outside shading to surprise them. That results in lots of break ups and my fair share of pics

Last edited by slthree; 12-18-2010 at 11:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »