Home

top 5 players in the game

This is a discussion on top 5 players in the game within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #25
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: top 5 players in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I've heard this argument since the game was released, that it is cheese to run the flag route against zone. The only people who make that argument are those who want to sit in zone all game and demand you run plays that can be stopped by that zone.

But, that's not football. The flag route is legit and an absolute "must" to break the zone defense. I like to stay in zone a few plays, let the opponent get comfortable hitting a few flag routes and then hot route man coverage with outside shading to surprise them. That results in lots of break ups and my fair share of pics
What? The issue with the hot corner route is the AI ignores the player. No one cares if you run a corner route on a designed play, they just care when you call a hot corner route. Go to practice mode and do a hot corner route and watch how the zone defender that should be covering pretty much ignores him. Then try a hot out route and watch how he covers that much better. The AI literally ignores the player running the hot corner. Go to practice mode and watch. Try both cover 2 hard and soft and change to the hot corner and you tell.

Again if your talking about using plays with corner route, you are right. If you are saying the hot corner route is fine the way it is you are mistaken. And if you try the lame old
Quote:
The only people who make that argument are those who want to sit in zone all game and demand you run plays that can be stopped by that zone.
you are wrong again because I run mainly man, yet I see how the hot corner route abuses the AI. Think about it, a hot corner route is running straight into a CB's zone on cover two soft. A true corner route should beat the cover 2 soft, but not the hot corner, its not deep enough.

I have probably made that much harder to read then it should be but the point is the hot corner abuses the AI but a regular corner route is fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #26
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I've heard this argument since the game was released, that it is cheese to run the flag route against zone. The only people who make that argument are those who want to sit in zone all game and demand you run plays that can be stopped by that zone.

But, that's not football. The flag route is legit and an absolute "must" to break the zone defense. I like to stay in zone a few plays, let the opponent get comfortable hitting a few flag routes and then hot route man coverage with outside shading to surprise them. That results in lots of break ups and my fair share of pics
I have never heard anyone say anything about the flag route ever, are you sure your talking about the correct route, a flag, is a fake corner-post route or vice versa. the hot routed quick corner is glitched vs cover 2 though, that throw shouldnt be open vs cover 2, and it always is.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I have never heard anyone say anything about the flag route ever, are you sure your talking about the correct route, a flag, is a fake corner-post route or vice versa. the hot routed quick corner is glitched vs cover 2 though, that throw shouldnt be open vs cover 2, and it always is.
Hot route corner is glitched versus all zone coverages. I don't think a zone coverage exists in the game that stops it without adjustments. I remember playing a kid who threw HRC's to Raymond Berry every single play, even with me usering him and that idiot got like 5 one handed catches in a row on that stupid route.

Fade routes are iffy, but hot route corners are complete cheese. I kind of like playing without both, but can play with fades. Quick snap fades can be kind of garbage though.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #28
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

well against cover 3 unless it is a cb with great recognition to break off the zone and there is only 1 reciever on the side of the quick corner, it should work, (a cb with that recognition, and the reciever being solo and not having any help on his side to run off coverage, should be able to make a play in cover 3) but if they come out 3 wide and a slot reciever is going deep against cover 3, then that should make the cb drop back in cover 3 and have the quick corner be open. so it working against cover 3 or cover 4 isnt a big issue, this route SHOULD NOT be open vs cover 2 though. Cover 2 should be an ideal defense and it is not.

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 12-26-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon4 Re: top 5 players in the game

These are all of the best that I have USED, I am relatively new to the game so I have not used all of the players yet.

GOLDS

1. Ronnie Lott
2. Reggie White
3. John Mackey
4. NightTrain Lane
5. Barry Sanders

SILVER

1. Greg Lloyd
2. Lem Barney
3. Charlie Taylor
4. Jerome Brown
5. Ricky Watters

BRONZE

1. John Taylor
2. Rob Moore
3. Dwight Clark
4. Carl Banks
5. Tony Drayton
Old 01-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Pretty much every league I've played has banned the hot route corner outright. And I've played in a lot of leagues over the years.

Most leagues also limit the fade route to 1 attempt per half.

That tells you all you need to know about those two routes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »