Home

So I changed the name of Calvary to Cowboys in season mode

This is a discussion on So I changed the name of Calvary to Cowboys in season mode within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #49
Rookie

Trey79's Arena

OVR: 12
Icon5 Re: So I changed the name of Calvary to Cowboys in season mode

Wow this would be Great. Will this also work for the PS3 when it is cracked?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: So I changed the name of Calvary to Cowboys in season mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey79
Wow this would be Great. Will this also work for the PS3 when it is cracked?
IF it is, I wouldn't see why not. I'm pretty sure you can resign game saves for ps3 and it would work. I've only done it with xbox so far.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #51
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

After looking at the roster file through a HEX editor, I could not find any links to the abilities or your created teams from the names listed on the file. Yeah you can change several text areas of the game but I saw nothing that rang out abilities or teams. Names, cities, team names and others seem to be in there but I was primarily looking for the teams themselves and player abilities. I am far from being an expert but I did not see anything that struck me that would lead to being able to manipulate players and their abilities other than the names. Which is still a good thing. I will keep looking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #52
MVP

Thanks for looking into that. I did the same thing over the weekend. Basically what I did was, create one player, save the roster file, change one ability, save the file. Then in the hex editor I analyze the file, compare the two files to find differences. Which I found some differences. Then I saved a third file with different abilities but with one ability the same in all three files. Then I went into to all three files so see if I could find the common things among the differences that I saw earlier. If that makes sense?

But, I didn't find anything that made any sense, I kept finding the same differences among the files. Maybe I just confused myself in this whole thing or I'm just going about it all wrong.

But you can definitely change team names, city names, etc. as long as it fits the same number of letters it had before. I tried changing some team names that were longer than the original ones, and the file wouldn't load. So I'm not sure how to get around that.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #53
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

There has to be some way to adjust abilities and stuff like that. I understand not being able to change stuff with the pre-made teams, but created team information has to be saved to some file. If it is saved to the roster file, there has to be some sort of way to figure out where it is and what it means. What files have you guys been looking at? I know you've probably looked at roster and season files. Isn't there some other types?
Old 11-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #54
MVP

There are basically roster, season, settings, and profile saves.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
There has to be some way to adjust abilities and stuff like that. I understand not being able to change stuff with the pre-made teams, but created team information has to be saved to some file. If it is saved to the roster file, there has to be some sort of way to figure out where it is and what it means. What files have you guys been looking at? I know you've probably looked at roster and season files. Isn't there some other types?
I would imagine there is a way to do it, but what we need is someone who really knows what the file structure is like, and that's not likely to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #56
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I would imagine there is a way to do it, but what we need is someone who really knows what the file structure is like, and that's not likely to happen.
Could Finn do it? If not, I wouldn't mind fronting some money to find someone who could do it.

BTW, does anyone know if Finn is working on an editor?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »