Home

How to edit All Pro Football

This is a discussion on How to edit All Pro Football within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to edit All Pro Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I'm working on a simplified how-to guide for everyone that's having some trouble using the hex.

Hopefully I can have it finished in a week or two so more guys can enjoy the hard work that has been done to get us this far.
Well while you're doing it, tell me how to change my Hex Editor (010 Editor) so it's not displaying offset hex. I want my left-column to look like CatCatch's, who uses the same Hex Editor (010 Editor):
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...f-hex-edit.jpg

For me, the numbers to the far-left are displayed like 0080h. It was like this by default when I installed the software. It makes it impossible for me to search for things, since my numbers don't match what you guys are searching under.

Last edited by ReMeDy; 01-02-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I am using HxD as my editor, so I can't speak for how other programs work.

Here is how the offsets look for me in the HxD program:

000829F0 - first CAP on created team

000843E0 - first generic on created team
Old 01-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #43
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Part 2 will be up tonight. I already laid the ground work on some stuff. The reason I am so late with the vids is because I no longer feel this game is capable of giving me enjoyment. Thus the making of the vids and doing ground work is more like "work" to me.

I have lost all urge to play football games until they get certain aspects right. All Pro is a great game of football but it is by no means satisfactory enough for me to put the amount of time and effort it would take to make it somewhat more fun.

Third, believe it or not it only took me 1 hour to diagnose the player cells in the game once I found them (which took about 45 minutes). The tedious part was finding all the moving parts which I had no intention of doing all the way through (which ability is which code, yadda, yadda, yadda). Maybe if I was in my 20's looking for donations on roster work and not in my early to mid 30's I would have had more enthusiasm but alas I did not. So I sometimes get miffed when I place all this info and people still can't figure it out on their own it which does kind of bother me. It is soo simple that I am surprised 2k made it so easy to decipher much less no one else finding the ratings and tiers themselves after all these years. Anyhow I will try to complete the "work" as quickly as possible.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #44
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
As far as I know, in All Pro Football, all of the artwork is locked to the disk. I do not believe team logos are part of the roster file, but I could be wrong. I wish I was, but I don't think that I am.
Guys stop making it more that what it is. I was simply stating I take the default Wings logo and change the color scheme to make it look like the Eagles Wings logo on the side of the helmets. I then place that logo and color scheme on one of the default teams. This actually took me 2 days (3 hours - 5 hours) to figure out compared to the player ratings, tiers and what not which probably took about 1 hour or 45 minutes.

At the moment I will also check to see if you can adjust team playbooks for the defaulted teams as well.

I thought I was very clear on that but I apologize if people are still confused by this.

Last edited by catcatch22; 01-04-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 15

Hey catcatch22, we really appreciate the work you are putting into this. I pretty much hit a huge workload at school and work that I had to get through which is why I all but quit working on the editing the game. You laid the groundwork for this editor that Valdarez is working on so you deserve on the credit in the world. Other people really really enjoy playing this game and hopefully with this editor it will breathe new life into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im having problems loading my roster setting back onto my xbox. On my dashboard it shows in my memory that i have a roster save on my flashdrive but when i attempt to load it on allpro football it acts like i dont have any saves on that flashdrive. Help anyone?
Old 01-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

There are two things I've seen that cause that problem:

1) You've renamed the roster file to something other than "Roster.ROS"

2) Your version of USBXTAFGUI is not up to date (v44 is the latest, I believe).
Old 01-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
There are two things I've seen that cause that problem:

1) You've renamed the roster file to something other than "Roster.ROS"

2) Your version of USBXTAFGUI is not up to date (v44 is the latest, I believe).
Ok thanks I will try that later. Also I wanted to know if doing the steps correctly. After editing I rehash, save the rehashed file and inject the rehashed file using usbxtafgui. I can then load the file on my xbox correct?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »