Home

Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 for Dummies

This is a discussion on Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 for Dummies within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #97
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 for Dummies

The 05 is not in the same column each time. That was my mistake when I started as well. Just find the 7s and go to the beginning of them and the 05 08 or whatever should be there, and the CAPs are all sequential with no spaces in between them.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com
Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0

The first player you find will be in those last 2 columns. After that it moves over in a pattern like so:

The next player would be in the 3rd and 4th column from the LEFT and then the pattern repeats.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 5

The quarter back throwing power is located in the box i made
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (480.0 KB, 253 views)
Old 02-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 41

So since that is a bronze QB and 4b = 75 throwing power I wonder what a gold QB's throwing power is rated? I can also see that this QB doesn't even have rocket arm so if they have him rocket arm it only goes up to 80 out of a possible 127. Now we see why they pretty much suck lol.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 41

That from my understanding is not throwing power. It is accuraccy. Throwing.g power is the same but its the next box over. Throw power is forth box from the speed box.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #102
Banned

OVR: 3

kudos to you guys for being able to do this, i'm getting a headache just reading this thread
Old 02-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #103
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The ability list in the main post has been updated.

The one missing ability is:

Bullet Time - same space as jersey number / 89
Old 02-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaterniti
It would be nice to see numerically where a Gold, Silver, Bronze QB start in terms of base attributes and what adding abilities does. For most so far, the answer is not much. Most physical bonuses adds only 5 of the attribute in question, which is not much at all. Hops adds 50 jumping, but who knows what impact that has in the sim. Even 50 more might not do that much. If Speed Burner is a flat +5 bonus all the time, it means that a gold HB with Speed Burner is only about 5.7% faster than one with no attribute at all. That is actually pretty minor, and lends credence to what I have thought for a while now, that many attributes are overrated.

That may be the case if your playing in all-pro where the idea of difficulty is to make everyone play as close as possible regardless of attributes. But if your difficulty setting was in rookie per se or maybe even pro than the effect of the attributes might resonate higher than the mere 5% you claim. Numerically on the attributes it appears as five but if the difficulty or slider is changed than it may increase or decrease the margin in game significantly.

A way to find this would be to start the game in all pro and make a copy of the data. Then change the difficulty, and make a copy of the data and compare the two to find the variance and location of slider/difficulty code. Is that possible within the hex-editor for it to locate changes between two sets of a file? Can two files be loaded simultaneously like explorer tabs and then compared to each other for locations of variance?

With this idea we can now increase or decrease player performance beyond the limitations of the slider possibly. Thereby altering CB play to cover supposed cheat routes better. Maybe, if the roster file contains all necessary data this could be a very real possibility. Or can we edit the setting file through a hex editor? has anyone tried?

If we could edit settings file maybe we can find default team playbook files too?

Just throwing this out there for anyone interested but will get to it myself after today. Too busy with life at the moment.

Last edited by Vegaskingpin; 02-21-2011 at 03:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »