Home

Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 for Dummies

This is a discussion on Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 for Dummies within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 4
I want to mention an edit to the info in the tutorial. It claims "04" are Legend and "84" are created generic.

The "84" is correct as being stated created generic.

"04" actually represents any player on a default team Generic or Legend. As for the number that follows I am unsure but have a theory it represents depth on the chart. With "0A" being last string on and "01" being second to last.

New EDIT:

"84" Generic on created team
"05" Created Player (shows up on edit player screen)
"04" Legend or Generic on Default Teams that shipped with game
"80" - ? - Not sure, but I believe they represent Free agent Generics for created teams (Unassigned)
"01" - ?? - Untested, I hypothesize they may represent Default Legends or Twins of on Created teams

As for the second Hex number that follows player type here are my assumptions
"xx" representing any of the numbers mentioned above and that the second set of numbers represent depth chart position
"xx 08" - First Legend or Cap Starter (Star Player) - Absolutely positive
"xx 07" - Second Legend or Cap starter (Star Player) - Unsure but it fits
"xx 06" - First Generic Starter or 2nd string after 1st Star Player or 3rd string after 2nd Star Player (basically the best Generic)
"xx 01" - Second Best
"xx 0A" - Final Slot

have not seen other numbers but still looking. Feel free to comment or debate findings.

Last edited by Vegaskingpin; 02-25-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: improvement on theory
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 01:14 AM   #106
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 for Dummies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaskingpin
I want to mention an edit to the info in the tutorial. It claims "04" are Legend and "84" are created generic.

The "84" is correct as being stated created generic.

"04" actually represents any player on a default team Generic or Legend. As for the number that follows I am unsure but have a theory it represents depth on the chart. With "0A" being last string on and "01" being second to last.

New EDIT:

"84" Generic on created team
"05" Created Player (shows up on edit player screen)
"04" Legend or Generic on Default Teams that shipped with game
"80" - ? - Not sure, but I believe they represent Free agent Generics for created teams (Unassigned)
"01" - ?? - Untested, I hypothesize they may represent Default Legends or Twins of on Created teams

As for the second Hex number that follows player type here are my assumptions
"xx" representing any of the numbers mentioned above and that the second set of numbers represent depth chart position
"xx 08" - First Legend or Cap Starter (Star Player) - Absolutely positive
"xx 07" - Second Legend or Cap starter (Star Player) - Unsure but it fits
"xx 06" - First Generic Starter or 2nd string after 1st Star Player or 3rd string after 2nd Star Player (basically the best Generic)
"xx 01" - Second Best
"xx 0A" - Final Slot

have not seen other numbers but still looking. Feel free to comment or debate findings.
0A is the OLB position and 01 means it was a previous cap player that was deleted.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #107
Rookie

Shoe Type - Code - - - Gold - - - Silver- - - Bronze
- #1 - - - - - F0 - - - - - 02 - - - - - 04 - - - - - 06 - -
- #2 - - - - - F0 - - - - - 4A - - - - - 4C - - - - - 4E - -
- #3 - - - - - F0 - - - - - 92 - - - - - 94 - - - - - 96 - -
- #4 - - - - - F0 - - - - - DA - - - - - DC - - - - - DE - -
- #5 - - - - - F1 - - - - - 02 - - - - - 04 - - - - - 06 - -
- #6 - - - - - F1 - - - - - 6A - - - - - 6C - - - - - 6E - -
- #7 - - - - - F1 - - - - - B2 - - - - - B4 - - - - - B6 - -
- #8 - - - - - F1 - - - - - FA - - - - - FC - - - - - FE - -

"F0 06"
most this info is irrelevant to determine whether or not a player is gold silver or bronze. The first hex position and the first digit in the second hex position can be ignored, all that matters is the final digit.

if it's
2 or A = Gold
4 or C = Silver
6 or E = Bronze
0 = Generic

If you count "back" 17 points from the Player Position (purple) location hex you will find this number. I Only point this out because the Bronze Legend Eugene Robinson does not have an F1 or F0 before his 96, it is a 50. Located at address 14380

NFL HITMAN - as for the 0A meaning outside linebacker if the 0A precedes the player type number as in the following
0A 0A 04 08 then yes it means outside linebacker but if it follows the number as in the following
10 10 04 0A then it means third string or less in depth chart
Old 03-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 0
i can only find 3 of my created players does anyone know how i can find the rest??
Old 03-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #109
Rookie

I'd like to retract my comment concerning the hex number that precedes facial data and follows a players generic/legend or created status

04 "0A" 7F 7F......
04 "08" 7F 7F......
05 "01" 7F 7F......
05 "08" 7F 7F......
05 "0A" 7F 7F......

I initially reported that it represents depth chart position but have found that data as false and have now determined it to represent player skin tone on the field.

My apologies to the community for the inaccurate data. Hope this has not set anyone back.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #110
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Editing All-Pro Football 2K8 for Dummies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaskingpin
I'd like to retract my comment concerning the hex number that precedes facial data and follows a players generic/legend or created status

04 "0A" 7F 7F......
04 "08" 7F 7F......
05 "01" 7F 7F......
05 "08" 7F 7F......
05 "0A" 7F 7F......

I initially reported that it represents depth chart position but have found that data as false and have now determined it to represent player skin tone on the field.

My apologies to the community for the inaccurate data. Hope this has not set anyone back.
AHHHHHHH poop. You ruined my whole roster!!! Maybe that's what caused my RRD.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #111
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buho1213
AHHHHHHH poop. You ruined my whole roster!!! Maybe that's what caused my RRD.
I am truly sorry man,

I came up with the false data report because it worked for the first two teams Cornerbacks and a couple legend Linebackers, they just happened to be black starters and white backups and Light Black/ Latino third stringers, purely coincidental.

I discovered the disparity when creating CAP'S based on Gold, Silver, Bronze, in the same position with different skin tones. Again I'm sorry for the false report.

Currently testing out a theory where I replace free agent generics with legends. The idea is to create a team of generics and get a random mix of legends in place of the generics normally assigned. So now when you design your team you actively choose which generic you want but get randomly assigned legends to fill the roster. Thought it would be a fun twist on the single player game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #112
Rookie

derreckbercier's Arena

helmet high tackles does not freeze the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »