Home

Creating and Editing as many players as you wants with HEX

This is a discussion on Creating and Editing as many players as you wants with HEX within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Creating and Editing as many players as you wants with HEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by APFlover
So you're saying you can make a created player and then edit him to 84 and he becomes a default player in the game and it opens up a new slot to create another player?
yes but for some reason after soo many players have been created, some players will change back, but im going to do more work on that, but yea
Old 01-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Correct.

So let's say you were editing the Scorpions.

First step, you'd go through their roster in the hex file and make all their players "05" for player type.

That would make all those players show up in-game as editable in the "edit player" screen.

Then once you're done with your edits in-game, go back and change the player type to "84 01" in the hex file.

The in-game edits you made will still be saved, but all the players you edited in-game will go back to being generics with no spot in the "edit player" screen.

The only problems you'd run into editing the entire league like that is that the name base gets FUBAR when you are going in and changing generics' names.

Also, I'm not sure what would happen in instances where the same generic is on different teams.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjone03
yes but for some reason after soo many players have been created, some players will change back, but im going to do more work on that, but yea
I wonder if this is an instance of you editing a generic who appears twice in the roster file?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

One thing I am wondering now that I know you can make edited players "disappear" from the in-game "edit player" list and still have your edits save:

Is it possible to "take away" the tier of your created players and still have all their attributes and abilities stay the same?

Let's say I create a gold DE in-game and give him 5 abilities:

When I change him to "84 01" in the hex file, will he still have those 5 abilities and retain his "gold tier" player ratings?

This would allow you to have 8 created teams on your roster file with a FULL 40-man roster for each team.

You could potnetially have two complete NFL divisions per roster file.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-25-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I wonder if this is an instance of you editing a generic who appears twice in the roster file?
Could Be. I was done with the Eagles and decided to do the packers, when i was down to the last few players, the players i edited before change back, but i think that is because of my unorganized work i did. So the next i try this it will be more polished and i hope i want run into that problem
Old 01-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
One thing I am wondering now that I know you can make edited players "disappear" from the in-game "edit player" list and still have your edits save:

Is it possible to "take away" the tier of your created players and still have all their attributes and abilities stay the same?

When I change him to "84 01" in the hex file, will he still have those 5 abilities and retain his "gold tier" player ratings?

This would allow you to have 8 created teams on your roster file with a FULL 40-man roster for each team.
Yes, the tier only change when you decid to take it off

00: no stars

02: gold stars

04:silver stars

06: bronze stars
Old 01-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

You could potnetially have two complete NFL divisions per roster file.
but also when you do that, the slot where the gold stars go in the game will become open
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjone03
but also when you do that, the slot where the gold stars go in the game will become open
Does a "no star" team still function normally offline? Or do they make the game freeze?

I also wonder if a "no star" team would freeze online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »