Home

Live GamePlay Jets @ Steelers Two Hex edited teams

This is a discussion on Live GamePlay Jets @ Steelers Two Hex edited teams within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Live GamePlay Jets @ Steelers Two Hex edited teams

Heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QZ2zHVucqY

4 parts to watch 5min Qrts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Live GamePlay Jets @ Steelers Two Hex edited teams

I really like that you guys are not making any players golds, silvers, and bronzes. I'll probably end up doing that because it is really hard to figure out which players deserve which tier. I already know how to make a team without any star players. I've even adjusted every CPU team name to an NFL name and matched each team to their correct base defense. I'm just waiting for catcatch to tell us how to adjust the logo on the collar and numbers on the sides of the uniforms in the hex editor, then I can really get to work on making a 32 team roster for offline play.

Good work on the teams!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
I really like that you guys are not making any players golds, silvers, and bronzes. I'll probably end up doing that because it is really hard to figure out which players deserve which tier. I already know how to make a team without any star players. I've even adjusted every CPU team name to an NFL name and matched each team to their correct base defense. I'm just waiting for catcatch to tell us how to adjust the logo on the collar and numbers on the sides of the uniforms in the hex editor, then I can really get to work on making a 32 team roster for offline play.

Good work on the teams!
Thanks man i'm just getting started and the hex is going to be work for everything i can get out of this....TRUST ME ON THAT!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #4
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I am sorry but I have to give you guys some bad news. It is in my understanding that it may not possible to create a full 24 team league with the roster.

The reason is many of the players names are all linked to each other in unexpected ways. It seems when 2k created this file they had no idea or intentions to have the players adjusted in any way. Because of this unlike 2k5 none of the players have......

A. Enough room for characters to give each player their full name.

B. Some players seem to share names. So the default teams would not be properly adjusted. The names are hard coded to what position in the file they are located.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:47 AM   #5
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Well that sucks. Looks like I'll be going to back to 2k5 with updated rosters. I was really hoping the editor was going to work. Oh well, if this is correct that's a big bummer.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
Banned

Relieved as a PAL user for selfish reasons (APF won't work on my Xbox) that this isn't possible. Hopefully NFL 2K5 and Backbreaker are safe now. Was worried the player bases would migrate to APF and kill off these games.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
Banned

Well that really sucks.. My dream of have full roster Great Old time teams for 2k8 is done..
Well I am down to Madden 06, Fb Pro98, 2k5.. Not bad but not 2k8..

Thanks for all the Hard HARD Work Guys...
Old 01-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
I am sorry but I have to give you guys some bad news. It is in my understanding that it may not possible to create a full 24 team league with the roster.

The reason is many of the players names are all linked to each other in unexpected ways. It seems when 2k created this file they had no idea or intentions to have the players adjusted in any way. Because of this unlike 2k5 none of the players have......

A. Enough room for characters to give each player their full name.

B. Some players seem to share names. So the default teams would not be properly adjusted. The names are hard coded to what position in the file they are located.
After thinking about it for a little bit, this isn't that big of a deal breaker for me. As long as I can still get skin color and jersey numbers correct, it will look good enough for me. It's also okay with me if I can only get the starting line up for each team somewhat correct. Hopefully, when it comes to editing their ratings this won't be such a factor. Appreciate the info catcatch.

P.S. Can't wait for your video with you working on the logos, color palettes, and uniforms. If I can just get the damn collar logo and numbers on the sides of the uniform correct, I'll be cooking with gas!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »