Home

Thinking about making a switch from Madden 11 to 2K8

This is a discussion on Thinking about making a switch from Madden 11 to 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
Rookie

Patscanes's Arena

OVR: 1
Thinking about making a switch from Madden 11 to 2K8

I have a couple questions guys and would love it if you could answer them.

* I totally would be playing 2k5 but, my ps3 doesn't play ps2 games. Thanks Sony.

1. How much can I pick up all pro NFL 2k8 for the ps3? say at Gamestop?
2. How many teams can i create? 32?
3. Is there a file share? somewhere I can download updated rosters or do I have to make all 32 teams and players?
4. Is 2k8 that much better than M11?
5. I know you can't get NFL logos but are the Logos somewhat similar?
6. I have seen some pretty amazing videos on 2k8 with updated rosters is that possible for ps3?
7. What are some Flaws of this game?
8. What are some positives of this game?
9. IS THERE A DRAFT? FRANCHISE MODE? or is it just play 1 season and your done?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Patscanes; 02-13-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Thinking about making a switch from Madden 11 to 2K8

Answers:

1. Probably around $5-$10 pretty much anywhere
2. You can only create 8 teams at a time, the CPU controls 24 teams that you cannot play with
3. Not really; I'm not that familiar with PS3, but really nothing like that exists for the 360
4. The game play on 2k8 is head and shoulders above anything Madden has yet to make. There are thousands of animations in the game and I constantly see ones I have never seen before.
5. Most of the logos are pretty similar to NFL ones, while others you might have to get creative with if you want something that looks like an NFL one from far away
6. Sorry, that isn't possible yet. The 360 is the only way to get updated NFL type rosters right now. Some people recently hacked the PS3 encryption, but were then pretty much sued instantly by Sony.
7. As you can tell by now, the ability on creating teams, players, and rosters is very limited. Also, some of the generics in the game play really really bad and sometimes it doesn't seem realistic.
8. Like I said earlier, the gameplay is amazing. Think 2k5 but with more animations, better graphics, and some serious flaws fixed. When you play this game, rarely ever do you feel like you got cheated by the CPU or suction blocking (which really doesn't exist in this game).
9. Nope, it's just 1 season and then you are done. I mostly play Quick Games and a lot people get enjoyment in playing online leagues.

Hope that helps. For the price, 2k8 is worth the money and once you get used to the gameplay, it is extremely hard to go back and play madden.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Patscanes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
Answers:

1. Probably around $5-$10 pretty much anywhere
2. You can only create 8 teams at a time, the CPU controls 24 teams that you cannot play with
3. Not really; I'm not that familiar with PS3, but really nothing like that exists for the 360
4. The game play on 2k8 is head and shoulders above anything Madden has yet to make. There are thousands of animations in the game and I constantly see ones I have never seen before.
5. Most of the logos are pretty similar to NFL ones, while others you might have to get creative with if you want something that looks like an NFL one from far away
6. Sorry, that isn't possible yet. The 360 is the only way to get updated NFL type rosters right now. Some people recently hacked the PS3 encryption, but were then pretty much sued instantly by Sony.
7. As you can tell by now, the ability on creating teams, players, and rosters is very limited. Also, some of the generics in the game play really really bad and sometimes it doesn't seem realistic.
8. Like I said earlier, the gameplay is amazing. Think 2k5 but with more animations, better graphics, and some serious flaws fixed. When you play this game, rarely ever do you feel like you got cheated by the CPU or suction blocking (which really doesn't exist in this game).
9. Nope, it's just 1 season and then you are done. I mostly play Quick Games and a lot people get enjoyment in playing online leagues.

Hope that helps. For the price, 2k8 is worth the money and once you get used to the gameplay, it is extremely hard to go back and play madden.
Great post. Thank you.

I'm a really hardcore offline franchise guy. I totally agree 2K is so much better than M11. I don't think I'm going to buy it however. The 1 season sorta bothers me. Im not an online guy at all and with me not having a ps3 it sorta stinks due to the rosters and such. I still play 2k5 from time to time on my old ps2. Thannks anyways very helpful!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
Banned

For $3 at Gamespot for PS3 version, it's worth it to mess around with every so often. Also, with PS3 if you do go online you won't have to play a 7' tall Michael Vick. I went out and bought a PS3 just to get away from the hex edits.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by buho1213
For $3 at Gamespot for PS3 version, it's worth it to mess around with every so often. Also, with PS3 if you do go online you won't have to play a 7' tall Michael Vick. I went out and bought a PS3 just to get away from the hex edits.
PS3 never got a patch and you can create any player 7' tall without a hex editor.

The problem most people have is that they don't have a group of guys that are honest and play with integrity. I have been in leagues on the 360 since this game came out and even with the hex editor we all play on the same playing field.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon11 Re: Thinking about making a switch from Madden 11 to 2K8

When I first got my PS3 for Christmas I went to gamestop with my christmas money and got ncaa11 for $60 and apf2k8 for $5 for ps3 and what I do all day is play APF2k8 haha
Old 02-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
PS3 never got a patch and you can create any player 7' tall without a hex editor.

The problem most people have is that they don't have a group of guys that are honest and play with integrity. I have been in leagues on the 360 since this game came out and even with the hex editor we all play on the same playing field.
My point was, 7' tall Vick with speedburner, rocket arm, scrambler, clutch, quick feet, laser arm, qb evade, breakaway burst, and whatever else he does or doesn't deserve.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

You should totally pick it up. If there's one thing this game really needs it's more Madden players.

JK man. For the price and what you get out of it the game is a no-brainer.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »