Home

FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened?

This is a discussion on FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Did you resign the file using Modio?
yes. the edits are definitely taking effect in some way, but im trying to figure out what i might be doing to reset them, etc. For example, no equipment edits show up until i RE-select a player. Generic abilities dont ever show up in the depth chart at all. Am I going about this the wrong way? Creating teams, and then going in the editor and assigning changign the abilities of the players? Im not using caps, just in game legends and generics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasp83
Hope either Fin, NFLhitman or someone else can add ability to edit names. I still can't find generics in hex editor to save my life.
I don't know how to find them in finns editor but the normal way is pretty easy. Easiest way is to make sure you only have one team on your roster because it gets pretty complicated if there are more than one team.

How to find your generics...

1. Go to your search button on the editor.
2. Change it to hex coding in the search.
3. Go to your last cap you made and put your cursor there.
4. Now search for you generic. All caps are listed as 05 but generics are listed as 84.
5. Looking for a generic is easier than a cap because whatever there position is its two times in a row. So say your looking for a generic QB you would search for 000084, RB 070784, WR 030384, te 090984 and so on.

Hope that helps you out.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #147
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Just a few things I noticed about the editor. One, Don't use bullet time for DL. Two, Any way I can use Depth chart in the editor? Three, I lot of stuff that can be edited and that is great. Great Job Finn!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:29 AM   #148
Rookie

is anyone else having problems getting generics to show up with abilities in game after asigning them in editor? Is there some way that resets them? I just reloaded the roster, and they are now gone in the editor as well. this has happened several times
Old 04-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #149
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolan33
is anyone else having problems getting generics to show up with abilities in game after assigning them in editor? Is there some way that resets them? I just reloaded the roster, and they are now gone in the editor as well. this has happened several times
Make sure your save and resign. I have seen 2 or 3 generics (with the same name) show up in the editor. If you see that occur, you need to edit both (all 3) to ensure the edits show up in the game.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #150
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspeaks
Make sure your save and resign. I have seen 2 or 3 generics (with the same name) show up in the editor. If you see that occur, you need to edit both (all 3) to ensure the edits show up in the game.
I found the problem was, editing the team in any form in game.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:03 AM   #151
Rookie

Is there any danger of "resetting" a players ratings in the editor? For example, would setting a speed rating at 99 and then adding speed burner reset the speed rating?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #152
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

For the PBP and Player Photo, if you put 0 for both, the announcers will just say the player's number instead of some other name. For my Classic Roster I'm working on, I've been replacing the original PBP names with ones that at least have the same last name as the new players on my roster or just putting 0 so a completely wrong name is not announced. Sadly, Klaus Wilmsmeyer is not in the name database. For most the first names will be off when the announcers talk about them, but they don't mention the first names that often.

I also have made a couple of pictures containing all 30 types of facemasks to use as a reference guide, but I'm currently having trouble attaching them here. Might have to wait till I get back to campus which has a better internet connection.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »