Home

FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened?

This is a discussion on FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVONFTW
I looked at the ratesports roster using the editor and noticed they didn't edit ratings. Vick has a 55 speed. They just added abilities.
i noticed that too
but if you look at some of those roster files (eagles and i think steelers in particular) they have multiple players with the same name

some of them have generic ratings and some of them have edited ratings
i dont kno how to tell which is the active player so i edited every player with the same name to be exactly the same (ratings, equipment, etc.)
Old 04-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #154
Rookie

badasp83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
I don't know how to find them in finns editor but the normal way is pretty easy. Easiest way is to make sure you only have one team on your roster because it gets pretty complicated if there are more than one team.

How to find your generics...

1. Go to your search button on the editor.
2. Change it to hex coding in the search.
3. Go to your last cap you made and put your cursor there.
4. Now search for you generic. All caps are listed as 05 but generics are listed as 84.
5. Looking for a generic is easier than a cap because whatever there position is its two times in a row. So say your looking for a generic QB you would search for 000084, RB 070784, WR 030384, te 090984 and so on.

Hope that helps you out.
Thanks. Will try this out later tonite.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #155
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolan33
Is there any danger of "resetting" a players ratings in the editor? For example, would setting a speed rating at 99 and then adding speed burner reset the speed rating?
No, the 99 speed rating is no where near what the game tops out at. The game tops out at per player at 127. In the hex coding the number for 99 speed would be 63 and the number for 127 would be 7F.

Speed burner only boost the numeric number 5 points so therefore in finns editor you will have plenty of room for speed burner and it will give your player 104 speed rating numerically with 19 speed points left.

It will only reset if you go over that 127. If you gave your player 127 than speed burner he will reset and be really slow.

One more note: unless you edit your player in game your boost of speedburner will not take effect. If you can't edit him I would suggest a different ability for your player.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #156
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
No, the 99 speed rating is no where near what the game tops out at. The game tops out at per player at 127. In the hex coding the number for 99 speed would be 63 and the number for 127 would be 7F.

Speed burner only boost the numeric number 5 points so therefore in finns editor you will have plenty of room for speed burner and it will give your player 104 speed rating numerically with 19 speed points left.

It will only reset if you go over that 127. If you gave your player 127 than speed burner he will reset and be really slow.

One more note: unless you edit your player in game your boost of speedburner will not take effect. If you can't edit him I would suggest a different ability for your player.
Is this only for speed burner ability?
Old 04-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #157
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
For the PBP and Player Photo, if you put 0 for both, the announcers will just say the player's number instead of some other name. For my Classic Roster I'm working on, I've been replacing the original PBP names with ones that at least have the same last name as the new players on my roster or just putting 0 so a completely wrong name is not announced. Sadly, Klaus Wilmsmeyer is not in the name database. For most the first names will be off when the announcers talk about them, but they don't mention the first names that often.

I also have made a couple of pictures containing all 30 types of facemasks to use as a reference guide, but I'm currently having trouble attaching them here. Might have to wait till I get back to campus which has a better internet connection.
Awesome. Please share these!
Old 04-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #158
Rookie

Is anyone else having Chris Speilman show up as "Chris Raliegh" in the editor, but then Speilman in the game?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #159
Rookie

badasp83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolan33
Is anyone else having Chris Speilman show up as "Chris Raliegh" in the editor, but then Speilman in the game?
No but my created John Stallworth was John Epstein in editor, but Stallworth in game.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #160
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasp83
No but my created John Stallworth was John Epstein in editor, but Stallworth in game.
Weird.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »