Home

FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened?

This is a discussion on FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #241
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened?

Also, one other area that might be of interest to you is the eight bytes directly above the facemask and tier.

Spoiler

The area I've boxed above has something to do with the name database, but I'm not sure exactly what it does.

All I know is that, when I run into an instance where two edited names have become "linked," such that changing one person's name automatically changes the other player's name, I can enter new values in this area to eradicate the "link" between the two players.

Rewriting those bytes also helps if you get stuck with a player whose name has become damaged beyond repair in the create-a-player in-game.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-23-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #242
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

Thanks for the information.

I'll poke around and see if I can make sense of those offsets in relation to names.

Are you saying that the legend names start here?

Last edited by KingJavo; 09-23-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #243
Banned

OVR: 0

Can someone please explain how in the world do i use this Bruteforce save data to decrypt my PS3 APF 2K8 files and the usbxtafgui doesn't work.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #244
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javo007
Are you saying that the legend names start here?

Yes, that is the offset where some (but not all) of the legend names are found. Mike Haynes (changed to Mark Smith after 2K Sports' patch) is the first legend in that fairly long list.

Again though, changing the names in that location will not affect the play-by-play names. It is just a cosmetic way to alter names. Plus you cannot exceed the existing character limit for each player slot or it will break the file.

The text you see immediately following his name, years played, and teams played for, is the same text the game uses in the loading screens when displaying player trivia. Only a few legends have loading screen text.

If you go to offset 0000D180, you will find that Mike Haynes is also the first legend player listed on The Wasps, who appear as the first CPU team on the file. This offset is where you will find Mike Hayne's actual player "DNA."

Last edited by jyoung; 10-11-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #245
Banned

jyoung how do i use the PS3 bruteforce for All Pro Football 2K8 and i can't use usbxtafgui
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #246
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yes, that is the offset where some (but not all) of the legend names are found. Mike Haynes (changed to Mark Smith after 2K Sports' patch) is the first legend in that fairly long list.

Again though, changing the names in that location will not affect the play-by-names. It is just a cosmetic way to alter names. Plus you cannot exceed the existing character limit for each player slot or it will break the file.

The text you see immediately following his name, years played, and teams played for, is the same text the game uses in the loading screens when displaying player trivia. Only a few legends have loading screen text.

If you go to offset 0000D180, you will find that Mike Haynes is also the first legend player listed on The Wasps, who appear as the first CPU team on the file. This offset is where you will find Mike Hayne's actual player "DNA."
JYoung please help me with this PS3 Bruteforce thing so i can decrypt the save data i don't think i'm doing it right.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #247
Hall Of Fame

I am not familiar with PS3 editing, as I only edit on the Xbox 360.

I would try asking the guys who have been working on editing Madden 12 for the PS3:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-12-13-a.html
Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #248
Banned

How do i bruteforce it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »