Home

FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened?

This is a discussion on FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspeaks
You guys do realize that the Finster hasn't been seen emerging from his basement in 23 years. He speaks primarily in screen shots and occasionally in hex and wears a white lab coat. If he cared about money he would be a good American and name his price and work accordingly as the incoming proceeds neared the asking price. However, he is not interested in money or fame, but does, on occasion, enjoy toying with the e-motions of far less intelligent people. The legend that is the Finster has projects far more important to the world than the APF editor, but he may fit it in somewhere in his busy schedule for the benefit of insignificant gamers everywhere.

Before you post with any concern that this post (or anything we may say) may upset Finn, remember...

Greatness does not concern itself with pettiness.
Pettiness does not concern itself with greatness.
I like that a lot. I was gonna say the same thing... only different.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #50
EA Game Changer

AzureEffect's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspeaks
You guys do realize that the Finster hasn't been seen emerging from his basement in 23 years. He speaks primarily in screen shots and occasionally in hex and wears a white lab coat. If he cared about money he would be a good American and name his price and work accordingly as the incoming proceeds neared the asking price. However, he is not interested in money or fame, but does, on occasion, enjoy toying with the e-motions of far less intelligent people. The legend that is the Finster has projects far more important to the world than the APF editor, but he may fit it in somewhere in his busy schedule for the benefit of insignificant gamers everywhere.

Before you post with any concern that this post (or anything we may say) may upset Finn, remember...

Greatness does not concern itself with pettiness.
Pettiness does not concern itself with greatness.

What he is doing is FAR from insignificant and my concern is FAR from being petty and Im only saying this because you chose to paraphrase my quote but then leave off my last line. Whenever he is done with it will be fine with me as I was not rushing the man but just understand that it's not insignifcant at all. I realize that you did not call his work "insignificant" but rather the gamers who are waiting on it. When he is done; you will see the ramifications and the riptide it creates in the Football community.

"To be truly great, one has to stand WITH the people, not above them"--Charles des Montesquieu
Old 02-19-2011, 06:42 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 10

if he builds it they will come
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #52
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I like how people are getting all philosophical about an editor for a game that is 3+ years old. :P Haha, you guys crack me up because I'm just as nerdy.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
EDIT**Does anyone remember that there are all 32 NFL teams listed in the actual roster file? It would be cool if we could somehow see if they are in the PBP data bank for teams. It would then be possible to get the announcers to say the actual NFL team names. There must be some reason they are listed in the file.
are you saying when you look into the roster file there are all 32 teams?

Because in the game when you load a season there are only 24 default teams and any user created team takes the place of one of the better teams, Legends, Beasts, etc.

Or is the 32 team format for online leagues only, if so is it necessary to have 32 users or any mix of cpu and user teams.

If that is the case I can see a recreation of the NFL Season online only. Because offline the two conferences have only 3 divisions of four team. Pacific and Atlantic conference with North, South, Central divisions.

Regardless this editor is a must have with only player ratings and names and team placement as an option for editing.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #54
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Had a few hours tonight...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PlayerEditor.jpg (202.9 KB, 541 views)
Old 02-21-2011, 11:45 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 2

Oh WOW~!!!
God Bless You Sir...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Had a few hours tonight...
Holy Hell!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »