Home

Turns out there will be no APF Editor

This is a discussion on Turns out there will be no APF Editor within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 06:55 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Turns out there will be no APF Editor

From the guy who claimed to have been working on one

Quote:

Simply no time to work on APF2K8 Roster Editor (though I'd love to do it!). Let the 'Val sucks' begin...

Now here's the long story...

If anyone ever followed my blog on operationsports.com (no longer readable due to my perma-ban on the site), they may have remembered that I said I was launching a company last year. In light of the economy, I was hesitant to pull the lever. After a good run, and a start-up I worked on being sold in August, I now have the funding, plus the $$$ from the part-time gig (500 hours over 6 months) to work on the prototype and the business plan in order to present it to a venture capitalist firm. We have a team of 5, and we're starting this Monday at my house (which required a LOT of cleaning on my part heh). Needless to say, I have had almost zero free time. Friends on my 360 account have probably noticed I haven't been on much, if at all, which is definitely not par for the course for me.

On a personal note, thus far in my career, every start-up/company I have joined has either been sold or is not profitable (have stock in roughly 50%, with only 1 of them paying off, the one last year). This business plan is sound, and while I could deliver on the technical side, the business side, such as business plan. venture funding, etc, is definitely not my bag of tea. Roughly 10 days ago, I hooked up with an old VP of mine whose working on the business plan, market strategy, and funding side. We've already incorporated, have a lawyer on retainer with a sizeable credit line (lawyer works with venture capitalist in the surrounding area, and he isn't going to charge us until we get funding he so believes in the business plan). I really believe in this plan/solution and can see a revenue stream in a year, which is something that is rare for a start-up who struggle to real revenue streams in the first couple of years.

Needless to say, this has been probably the most exciting 10 days of my life. We've gone from idea, to company, to team, and on Monday to plan/solution, and all under 2 weeks.

Oh, and for those who remember the blog, this isn't the same idea I had previously. Far different. Completely different market, different solution, not related at all. Market cap on this one is in the billions. My other idea, the market cap was probably 15 million, which isn't nothing, especially based on the work/effort needed to see it through. This idea is totally flipped with regards to the work/reward ratio.

I hate it when someone tells me they are going to do something and don't deliver, so I really am unhappy I'm unable to deliver this for gamers and the community, as we are all fans of this game, which, IMHO still remains the best football game on the current generation of consoles. My father has always said that life is what happens when you start making plans. Real life is definitely taking precedence here, as this is going to be a once in a life time opportunity. My apologies for promising something to the community and not delivering. Hope you guys can forgive me, or at least understand.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Turns out there will be no APF Editor

Honestly, you can't fault Val. He's been a pillar of support for the community, sharing of information, and a big proponent of APF since the days it was announced. Sometimes, we simply have more important things in our lives than video games, although I would have loved to see what he could have done with the editor.

Hopefully, someone else will step up and help the community out.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree, I hope someone can continue it, but if not ohwell.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
Banned

flying finn?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

1st Down: incomplete to Finn. 2nd Down: bobbled and dropped by Val getting hit across the middle! 3rd Down: Who wants to make a play?

there has to be someone out here who's gonna make an editer and revive this game. Or will we let this opportunity go to waste?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kxFootball
1st Down: incomplete to Finn. 2nd Down: bobbled and dropped by Val getting hit across the middle! 3rd Down: Who wants to make a play?

there has to be someone out here who's gonna make an editer and revive this game. Or will we let this opportunity go to waste?
I just don't see it happening. too few people have that kind of knowledge to begin with, and the nwhen you narrow it down to who wants to use that knowledge to make an editor for a great but old APF game, there may not be anyone
Old 01-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

didn't someone make a backbreaker editor though? may that person would be willing to do it. or was that finn?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Im sure someone will make rosters tho....and also last year nobody prob thought what we have now would be possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »