Home

Classic Teams Roster

This is a discussion on Classic Teams Roster within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #25
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Classic Teams Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Roger Staubach
Duane Thomas (fantastic Back but attitude and personal issues killed his career)
Calvin Hill
Rayfield Wright
Bob Lilly (Favorite player growing up)
Bob "the burner" Hayes
Lance "Bambi" Alworth
Walt Garrison (tough as nails and caught a lot of passes)
Mike Ditka
Cornell Green
Mel Renfro
Cliff Harris
Charlie Waters (Not yet the starter)
Herb Adderley
Craig Morton (Backup to Staubach)
Chuck Howley (earlier version of Jack Ham-Pitt)
Leroy Jordan (solid MLB)

Look how many of these guys are actually already in this game.
The ones in bold are in the game. The rest can be made from generics. You'll really like my "before 1982" roster, which will come out after the one I'm working on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #26
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Update*** I've pretty much finished matching the teams up with their respective CPU spots and have finished the uniforms. I tried to get them as close as possible, but most will be off by a little bit. The code to change the positioning of the logos and numbers on the side of the jerseys (shoulders or sleeves) and whether the logo is on the helmet/collar or not, is currently not available, so they will be a little messed up for the CPU teams. Also, some colors on the jerseys will look better depending on what time of day (noon, afternoon, night) the game is being played due to the lighting. I'll try to have a roster file containing the uniforms or some pictures up by tomorrow.

Here is the list of teams that are going to be user controlled (as long as the CPU playbooks aren't editable). I tried to give a good variety of teams to play with. Some teams are good at running the ball and stopping the run while some are good at throwing the ball and stopping the passing game. I also did a preliminary ranking of all 32 teams according to their defensive numbers (points allowed, passing yards allowed, rushing yards allowed) and offensive numbers (points scored, passing yards, rushing yards). I'll post that info later on and might add a couple of more categories to make it better (turnovers, fumbles, sacks, etc.).

User controlled teams:
1. '92 Cowboys
2. '99 Rams
3. '00 Ravens
4. '88 Bengals
5. '98 Broncos
6. '94 Chargers
7. '96 Packers
8. '84 Dolphins
Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
Update*** I've pretty much finished matching the teams up with their respective CPU spots and have finished the uniforms. I tried to get them as close as possible, but most will be off by a little bit. The code to change the positioning of the logos and numbers on the side of the jerseys (shoulders or sleeves) and whether the logo is on the helmet/collar or not, is currently not available, so they will be a little messed up for the CPU teams. Also, some colors on the jerseys will look better depending on what time of day (noon, afternoon, night) the game is being played due to the lighting. I'll try to have a roster file containing the uniforms or some pictures up by tomorrow.

Here is the list of teams that are going to be user controlled (as long as the CPU playbooks aren't editable). I tried to give a good variety of teams to play with. Some teams are good at running the ball and stopping the run while some are good at throwing the ball and stopping the passing game. I also did a preliminary ranking of all 32 teams according to their defensive numbers (points allowed, passing yards allowed, rushing yards allowed) and offensive numbers (points scored, passing yards, rushing yards). I'll post that info later on and might add a couple of more categories to make it better (turnovers, fumbles, sacks, etc.).

User controlled teams:
1. '92 Cowboys
2. '99 Rams
3. '00 Ravens
4. '88 Bengals
5. '98 Broncos
6. '94 Chargers
7. '96 Packers
8. '84 Dolphins
is every player done on these teams???
Old 03-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #28
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns99
is every player done on these teams???
They will be right after Finn puts out his editor. Doing it all in hex is way too time consuming and tedious.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
They will be right after Finn puts out his editor. Doing it all in hex is way too time consuming and tedious.
Any word on the finn editor
Old 03-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #30
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns99
Any word on the finn editor
His last post with anything about the editor was on 2/22/11. Hopefully, he finishes it sometime in the next week, so then I can work on the roster file during my spring break.

EDIT***Haven't gotten the roster file posted with the uniforms yet because I have been crazy busy. I hope to have it up with the rankings sometime before Friday.

Last edited by theDude47; 03-15-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #31
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Attached is document containing the ranking of 6 important stat categories for the 32 teams. I compared each team to one another, but I realize that the game has changed in 30 years. This system also doesn't take into account the strength of schedule for each team. This will give you a good idea what are each team's strengths and weaknesses. The numbers beside the team name don't mean anything. I should have the uniforms posted later tonight.

Also, I changed the '86 Browns to the '87 Browns. The '87 team was better all-around and still ended the same way, a loss to the Broncos. I also want to add the '85 Jets and '84 Seahawks (both 3-4 teams), but I can't bring myself to take out one of the 3-4 teams.

Tell me what you guys think after you take a look at it. I think this will go a long way in helping rate the teams when I get to that part.
Attached Files
File Type: doc 1983-Present Roster.doc (85.5 KB, 13 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 41

Thats good stuff but why no Seahawk team?

84' Seahawks was very good and went to the AFC Championship Game

2005 Seahawks should have won the Superbowl if not for the refs that wore Yellow.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »