Home

Classic Teams Roster

This is a discussion on Classic Teams Roster within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 03-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Classic Teams Roster

One thing about this task you wish to take on is that once you get past the real play makers from the past there is very little know about the rest. Going for the rosters of those teams and some important information for each one I would use...

www.profootballreference.com

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #34
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
One thing about this task you wish to take on is that once you get past the real play makers from the past there is very little know about the rest. Going for the rosters of those teams and some important information for each one I would use...

www.profootballreference.com
Found that website a while back and man has it helped. I like that they even have the depth charts, height and weight for each player, and statistics from each year.

When it comes to the Seahawks, I really want to put the '84 team in because of some of the great players on that defense. I'm just torn on which 3-4 team to cut. I was thinking maybe one of the franchises that have two teams such as the Steelers or Packers. Probably leaning toward cutting the 2010 Packers because they are really similar in terms of how they play (great passing offense, decent defense) and the 1996 team is good enough to carry that franchise. Which one would you cut?
Old 03-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
Found that website a while back and man has it helped. I like that they even have the depth charts, height and weight for each player, and statistics from each year.

When it comes to the Seahawks, I really want to put the '84 team in because of some of the great players on that defense. I'm just torn on which 3-4 team to cut. I was thinking maybe one of the franchises that have two teams such as the Steelers or Packers. Probably leaning toward cutting the 2010 Packers because they are really similar in terms of how they play (great passing offense, decent defense) and the 1996 team is good enough to carry that franchise. Which one would you cut?
I would have the 1975 Steelers and would take off any others. I would also have the 96' Packers over the 2010 Packers.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #36
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
I would have the 1975 Steelers and would take off any others. I would also have the 96' Packers over the 2010 Packers.
I was saving the 75 Steelers for the Pre-1983 Roster.

I wanted to include the 2008 Steelers because of that defense. Statistically, that defense is just amazing. That team is also interesting because the offense ranks among the lowest in every category when compared to the rest of the classic teams. The 1997 Steelers team is a good one to have because who doesn't want to see Slash and the Bus going up against some great teams.

Well, after thinking about it some more...It looks like the 1984 Seahawks (gotta have Kenny Ease) will replace the 2008 Steelers. I can't bring myself to take out the 2010 Packers right now. I'll go ahead and update the rankings.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:05 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 0

2010 stand out like a sore thumb. The same team will already be in any current rosters. They aren't a classic team.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #38
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickhitchell33
2010 stand out like a sore thumb. The same team will already be in any current rosters. They aren't a classic team.
Probably so, but I think it would be interesting to see how they stack up against so of the greater older teams...and I already started assigned teams to their respective CPU spots. I might end up later thinking about replacing them with either the 1985 Jets or the 1988 Rams.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #39
Rookie

badasp83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
I was saving the 75 Steelers for the Pre-1983 Roster.

I wanted to include the 2008 Steelers because of that defense. Statistically, that defense is just amazing. That team is also interesting because the offense ranks among the lowest in every category when compared to the rest of the classic teams. The 1997 Steelers team is a good one to have because who doesn't want to see Slash and the Bus going up against some great teams.

Well, after thinking about it some more...It looks like the 1984 Seahawks (gotta have Kenny Ease) will replace the 2008 Steelers. I can't bring myself to take out the 2010 Packers right now. I'll go ahead and update the rankings.
I say keep both Steelers.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #40
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Since Finn's editor will be coming out this weekend, it shouldn't take me more than a couple of weeks to finish this classic roster. With NFLHITMAN's help, I hope to have it out before May 1 if everything goes as planned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »