Home

hex editor has ruined this game

This is a discussion on hex editor has ruined this game within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: hex editor has ruined this game

I ve been one of the most guilty when it comes to using hex teams online but now. i m not going to do that anymore. I m only going to use sim teams that are hexed within reason.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
People will find any reason to whine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 02-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #11
Rookie

nzldp4's Arena

OVR: 3

I know it's off-topic. I just didn't want to start a new thread but, will it be possible for a hex editor to edit a franchise schedule ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

the problem is that you never know who has hex teams. it is just easy, if not easier to go down your list of players and jack ratings to 75 than it is to add attributes and there is no way to tell if the team is edited.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #13
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukus1
the problem is that you never know who has hex teams. it is just easy, if not easier to go down your list of players and jack ratings to 75 than it is to add attributes and there is no way to tell if the team is edited.
Exactly. And that was my biggest worry with it all.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

The title should maybe read "Hex editor has almost ruined online play of this game".

For one thing I don't play online games anymore so this wouldn't exactly ruin the game for me. Just like one of the other posters said you need to research your opponent(s) before you play them.

Back when I was playing NFL2K1 online I found out you had good honest players and you had not so honest players on there. The good ones would play you straight up w/o trying to use any of the online exploits. You had some that figured if the exploit was there it's free game. Then you had the players who hated to lose and would disconnect.

I stopped playing online games because a lot of people were either using exploits and disconnecting because they were losing. I got tired of having to research who I was about to play and in some cases still ending up w/ a bad opponent. Where is the fun in that.

Being able to use Hex edited teams just gives you one more reason not to play online games.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
I don't think you can hide attributes except if they have more than 5. If you give your player 13 attributes it can only show a possible 5. What that guy did was change all his speed, strength type of ratings that do not show up unless you looked at his team through a hex editor.

There are some games that have been modded that stopped me from playing like COD Modern Warfare simply because I didn't have a good set of sim guys to play with in a league environment.

With APF 2K8 I have that sim league and it is very fun and refreshing to have the ability to have what we always wanted in the first place.

The truth is with so many people that are very good with computers that all popular games will be hacked and modded at some point no matter what you do about it.

You can either stop playing video games or try and find a good group of guys you can trust and have fun with the game.
You have games that save everything server side and can't be hacked w/o whoever is running the servers knowledge. I still play Phantasy Star online Blue Burst on the free "Ultima" server and your character(s) and their inventories are saved server side making it harder to hack. It's actually the best time I've had playing PSO online. Every version that saved everything console or computer side sucked because they could be hacked.

VC gave you the ability to use created teams online but I'm sure they weren't expecting people to hex edit the teams. Who knows VC may have a way to stop it once they feel it's getting out of hand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
You have games that save everything server side and can't be hacked w/o whoever is running the servers knowledge. I still play Phantasy Star online Blue Burst on the free "Ultima" server and your character(s) and their inventories are saved server side making it harder to hack. It's actually the best time I've had playing PSO online. Every version that saved everything console or computer side sucked because they could be hacked.

VC gave you the ability to use created teams online but I'm sure they weren't expecting people to hex edit the teams. Who knows VC may have a way to stop it once they feel it's getting out of hand.
VC would have have to care for that to happen it is a three year old game with less than 250 people playing it a day. to them it wouldnt be worth the energy to fix the problem. Honestly people are blowing it out of proportion just look at people's teams before you play them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »