Home

Where in Hex code does it identify what team the player I am looking at is on?

This is a discussion on Where in Hex code does it identify what team the player I am looking at is on? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Where in Hex code does it identify what team the player I am looking at is on?

I want to rework the default teams that came with APF 2K8 so that teammates play with each other like Aikman, Smith, Irvin, Novacek and Johnston all on the gunslingers. Or Montana, Clark, Taylor and Lott all together on the Sharks. Just need to know if someone has Identified the hex code location that identifies the TEAM the legend is currently assigned to. I plan on releasing these reworked rosters to the community for those who currently like the default teams but where they play more like their real life counterparts. This way in an offline season you play against the REAL Chicago beasts of Singletary, Perry, Gault, Wilson, Butkus, and Ditka. Will include newer legends or future hall of famers such as FAVRE, STRAHAN, K. WARNER, etc. not currently in the game.

If you have any idea on how to help please post.

Feel free to mention any legends that may have been left out and what you believe they should be rated here too.

Thank you for any help.

EDIT: I have found that default legends and generics are assigned to teams according to address placement. What this means is that in order to place a legend on another default team he must be swapped with legendary player of any position of team you wish to swap to. Legends cannot exceed more than 11 per default team otherwise it results in roster freeze.

In addition I have semi-successfully swapped Mike Singletary of the Legends with Eugene Robinson of the Americans as a test but certain data fails to transfer regardless of effort. Their Names and College data is lost completely, while career history remains hardwired to the original location regardless of the player. But looks and abilities and ratings transfer easily. I can only assume the lost or altered data is referenced from elsewhere

If anyone has any info on this matter feel free to PM or post here

Last edited by Vegaskingpin; 02-26-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Updated information
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »