Home

APF 2K11 first version releasesd!

This is a discussion on APF 2K11 first version releasesd! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: APF 2K11 first version releasesd!

I love the file and i'll wait for my team to be done, they edited every player and there isn't just half teams like 11 to 22 players and the rest are generics. I don't care that they made some teams play 3-4 that should play 4-3, their are so many people who complain,, if you can do better make your own and stop crying they did this for free and for one i would never be able to do what they did so i'm good.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:19 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes93
Where did you guys find their highlight videos i cant seem to find them anywhere.

Also does this mean that when they release other teams for user control we will have to download a seperate roster for each team we want to use, or was it just because the Pats were the only team they had done so far?

Can't wait for other user controlled teams to be released this looks really cool.
The video is under high reel #1
Old 03-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Shut up and play
Old 03-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #20
Rookie

badasp83's Arena

Like the idea, but NOT playing with the pats.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
I just wish they wouldn't be so secretive on some of their stuff (like changing the CPU stadiums). A lot of their work benefited from guys on here that posted info willingly, yet they don't have the common courtesy to return the favor. Not that I have finished b#tching...

It's a pretty darn good file. It plays really well, and I gotta give them props for all the hard work they did.
You can put all 32 teams names in the NFL through the hex editing very easy. The issue with it is that once you try and go online it will reset it all back to default.

The easiest way to change team names and stadium names is to find a team name that has the same amount of letters as the team you want like...

You want the J E T S jets jets jets you would look for a name in the game like the Fury and just change there 4 letters to the Jets.

by changing the names that you are given to choose from to a NFL team name it allows you to pick and choose over and over again.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 41

Honestly I know how much work they put into this file because I know how long it takes me but...

• SIM type of stats to the NFL won't be there simply because the 3-4, 4-3, spread, power type of playbooks that teams run are not the same in the file down load. They could possibly fix this by just copy and pasting these full teams into the right playing style.
  • By using attributes without the ability to go back and edit the players mean they are mostly worthless. They should have kept the abilities off the players and just went with numerical editing instead. When Tom Brady has to wind up to throw a 20 yard pass you can still see he is a generic until the throw power is numerically changed.
  • When you give a player an ability it gives them a +5 boost numerically in whatever that ability is for except power up type of abilities like Rocket Arm. Since they started with generics than a QB like Tom Brady without the Rocket Arm attribute and without numerically changing his throwing power will have very little velocity on his passes like a generic QB would and you can see it with his Tom Brady.
  • This is also a reflection of the complaints of dropped passes since the WR only receive a +5 boost from where a normal generic WR would have been if they did not change the numerical values of catching.
With every game maker it is common for patches to fix errors and hopefully this will be patched to be more SIM with playbooks and have numerical changes instead of attributes.

It was once said by many...

If your going to do the job than make sure you do it right the 1st time no matter how much longer it might take.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #23
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
You can put all 32 teams names in the NFL through the hex editing very easy. The issue with it is that once you try and go online it will reset it all back to default.

The easiest way to change team names and stadium names is to find a team name that has the same amount of letters as the team you want like...

You want the J E T S jets jets jets you would look for a name in the game like the Fury and just change there 4 letters to the Jets.

by changing the names that you are given to choose from to a NFL team name it allows you to pick and choose over and over again.
Dude, I got changing stadium and player names and stuff like that down pat. Changing CPU teams' default stadiums is something completely different. That is the info that they haven't shared with us and I would really like to know.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #24
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
SIM type of stats to the NFL won't be there simply because the 3-4, 4-3, spread, power type of playbooks that teams run are not the same in the file down load. They could possibly fix this by just copy and pasting these full teams into the right playing style.
I'm trying to understand this statement. Do you know the info to change CPU playbooks because I'm not sure anyone knows that? If so, please tell us because that would be a big help. Catcatch said he didn't see where the CPU playbooks could be in the file and he was only able to find the user team playbooks.

In terms of abilities and ratings adjustments, I completely agree with you. That is why I'm leaving CPU controlled QBs with Laser Arm, Rocket Arm, Clutch, etc. and adjusting the ratings so they don't play like crap.

I've only finished 1 complete CPU team in terms of names, equipment, and general stuff and it took me a full day. A FlyingFinn editor would sure come in handy right about now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »