Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame
 
Phobia's Arena
 
OVR: 63
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Louisiana, Lafayette
Posts: 11,634
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Hex Editor Ruined Lobby Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Word.

That said, hex editing brought me back to this game hoping that we could use it to fix some of APF 2K8's inherent flaws, but after playing in several hex leagues, I find no amount of editing can fix this game's core issues.

So I'm done playing football games until the NCAA football demo arrives.

It's still great being able to edit the names and physical appearances of all your players, though.
I love the CORE APF so I have nothing to complain about APF. It is head and shoulders the best football game released.

BUT I am getting back into NFL2k5 since I am not getting any football games this year and will just do roster update for NFL2k5. This way I can get back into the franchise aspect.
Phobia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #18
MVP
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Hex Editor Ruined Lobby Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I love the CORE APF so I have nothing to complain about APF. It is head and shoulders the best football game released.

BUT I am getting back into NFL2k5 since I am not getting any football games this year and will just do roster update for NFL2k5. This way I can get back into the franchise aspect.
By using updated rosters for ESPN 2K5 you are using a hexed product.
__________________
Operation Sports APF 2K8 Ladder:

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
NFLHITMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #19
MVP
 
elgreazy1's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Hex Editor Ruined Lobby Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
By using updated rosters for ESPN 2K5 you are using a hexed product.
But he's not taking it online in order to get an advantage over an opponent.
__________________
Online Portfolio Site
XBL: El Greazy 1
Currently Playing: XONE: Madden 16, GOW:UE, FIFA 15 + X360: APF2K8
elgreazy1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #20
Or should I
 
catcatch22's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 3,378
Re: Hex Editor Ruined Lobby Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
But he's not taking it online in order to get an advantage over an opponent.
If he wanted to he couldn't since there is no more xbox live for the original xbox games.
catcatch22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame
 
Phobia's Arena
 
OVR: 63
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Louisiana, Lafayette
Posts: 11,634
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Hex Editor Ruined Lobby Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
By using updated rosters for ESPN 2K5 you are using a hexed product.
Hitman that is a very weak comeback, as if you are trying to discredit my complaints of APF hex by throwing out the fact NFL 2k5 is hex edited.

Like Catch & Greazy have pointed out, this would be of course to play franchise mode with NFL teams but also have the good gameplay which 2k is known for.

I am just going to drop the rest of what I was going to say because I feel like it is a lost cause and you are just looking for reasons to throw out the fact the "Hex is not bad aggggggg"
Phobia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #22
MVP
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Hex Editor Ruined Lobby Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Hitman that is a very weak comeback, as if you are trying to discredit my complaints of APF hex by throwing out the fact NFL 2k5 is hex edited.

Like Catch & Greazy have pointed out, this would be of course to play franchise mode with NFL teams but also have the good gameplay which 2k is known for.

I am just going to drop the rest of what I was going to say because I feel like it is a lost cause and you are just looking for reasons to throw out the fact the "Hex is not bad aggggggg"
Sorry if you feel like I came at you wrong, this was not my intentions.

My point is that no matter what it is it can be abused or used correctly.

When I went into the lobbies before the hex editor I would be lucky to see if there was anyone not on my friends list above 60-70% feedback.

We had ICETHORZEUS and others wayyyy before the hex editor came out.

If someone gave you a fork most would use it to eat with but someone else would make a shank out of it and use it to kill someone.

I understand your frustration 100% but this game was dead and four years old and this has brought back life into it.
__________________
Operation Sports APF 2K8 Ladder:

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
NFLHITMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #23
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Hex Editor Ruined Lobby Play

The edits do have a negative side, but yes edits have brought back life some things just couldnt be covered up with sliders imo
Rayp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame
 
Phobia's Arena
 
OVR: 63
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Louisiana, Lafayette
Posts: 11,634
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Hex Editor Ruined Lobby Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Sorry if you feel like I came at you wrong, this was not my intentions.

My point is that no matter what it is it can be abused or used correctly.

When I went into the lobbies before the hex editor I would be lucky to see if there was anyone not on my friends list above 60-70% feedback.

We had ICETHORZEUS and others wayyyy before the hex editor came out.

If someone gave you a fork most would use it to eat with but someone else would make a shank out of it and use it to kill someone.

I understand your frustration 100% but this game was dead and four years old and this has brought back life into it.
All good hit, I just figured you would be one to understand my point of view would not be biased. My view is not a hatred for hex editors lol, but for the damage capable in the wrong hands.

Now I will say you make a good point about breathing new life into the game.
Phobia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Top -