Home

APF 12 or 13 possibilities?

This is a discussion on APF 12 or 13 possibilities? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 49
APF 12 or 13 possibilities?

Just read this http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...b5cd4a7cd57a14

I'm not sure if this means 2k can get players(or even just all the top players) to sign a deal, and get back to football .... if I read this article right, they can...all I can say is wow! This could be 2k's BEST chance to get a deal. If you can get the players, all you need is a backbreaker style uniform/field editor, and a deep 32 team franchise mode and you have scored!

If 2k's willing to chance it on legend retired players in 08....think how much better you could do here!

Give us a great create a player, and ability to edit photo's and wow! Sim football heaven.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: APF 12 or 13 possibilities?

I hope that this would allow 2k to get rights to the players. But I am getting as annoyed with 2k for sitting on their hands, as I do with Madden for not meeting our standards.

Some one has to step up and make a SIM game for us. 2k has the best playing game engine to do it. But is unwilling.

Last edited by RazzBerry80; 03-31-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

The way I read it, it's only the sponsorship side that the players can or will pursue on their own, not video games. Sponsore like soda, deodorant type things.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57

EA has exclusive rights to NFL Players via it's license agreement with the licensing wing of the NFLPA. Basically, until that agreement ends you won't see Aaron Rodgers, etc. in another football game so long as they are being licensed by the NFLPA to EA.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

but didnt the union decertify?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
EA has exclusive rights to NFL Players via it's license agreement with the licensing wing of the NFLPA. Basically, until that agreement ends you won't see Aaron Rodgers, etc. in another football game so long as they are being licensed by the NFLPA to EA.

yes but that is with the NFL not the players union, the union can liscence to many parties (I called them and asked my self) also follow them on twitter, The NFLPa can have seperate deals.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Old 04-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 49

Well, I wasnt really sure what it meant. By reading it, I was under the impression that at this stage, they could make individual player license deals now.

Man, with this whole lockout thing. You have to ask yourself if 2k didnt mess up not trying to release a game this year. If they had a game in there back pocket, this would be the year to give it another try. There is so many what ifs right now. If by some miracle there is not NFL games this year, then 2k would have a much better chance at selling another all pro football game,etc.

Wouldnt it be just awesome if 2k approached the players union, and by some loop hole, the players could sign with 2k? I know they couldnt stop Maddens player deal, because the deals was already made, but talk about possibly sticking it to the NFL with there EA side deal, if somehow the 2k game took off, just like nba 2k series has.

It may be just crazy wishful thinking, but every day for the last 6-7 years many of us just hope and pray to jump on here and read that some how or some way, 2k is back with a new football game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »