Home

This game is still unreal!

This is a discussion on This game is still unreal! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
Rookie

timbofry1's Arena

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Re: This game is still unreal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgameover
the online community seems to be coming back if only for the playoffs/superbowl
I agree with everyone here. APF2K8 is five years old and still blows away Madden of today, just so much better game play. Love it. Picked it up used for $2.99 and recruiting my buddies to do the same. It's awesome that we can still play this game online.

Such a bummer that this game didn't sell well. I so wish 2K would get back into football. Such a great game on the field.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: This game is still unreal!

Definitely get the 360 version if you're just picking it up now.

Better framerate + title update + more players online + ability to hex edit.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Ah dont do this to me!! I got madden 12 and am happy with it. now you go and do this, I had FINALLY got 2k8 out of my system, I had Really wanted it....But didnt want to have to buy a 360 just for it, so Settled for m-12 for my PS3.tho nice its no 2k8.. Now ya do this and ONCE again Im wanting a 360!! UGH!!!!!! LOL And our tax return is on the way..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Picked this up for both systems. Best football game ever made.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #13
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

This game breathed new life with the new XBL update a month back. You can look at Friends of Friends on your 360 Dashboard and see who all plays APF. I added at least 5 or 6 quality opponents to my Friends List using the feature alone.

Plus the Beacons featured helped me get games quickly whenever I would sign-in.

With that said, ***BIG SIGH*** I really wish 2K would release another version using generic guys instead of legends and implementing the robust features from the NFL2K series (franchise, drafts, VIP, cribs, etc) and possibly from the CH2K8 series (sharing rosters, settings, etc).

Its not about the NFL license - IMO - it's about the quality of the game and matchmaking options, which is where 2K should have focused its energy.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

I will say, APF is probably one of the only games where the DL and OL actually matter! I had been using a NY Giants type team (1 Gold + 1 Silver + 1 Bronze D-Linemen) and the trench game was fierce! Even with subpar talent in the LB & Secondary I was still able to play some great D.

Conversely, when I added OL to my Patriots-type team, my QB never got touched or rattled and my generic RBs were making plays.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #15
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I really wish 2K would release another version using generic guys instead of legends and implementing the robust features from the NFL2K series (franchise, drafts, VIP, cribs, etc) and possibly from the CH2K8 series (sharing rosters, settings, etc).

Its not about the NFL license - IMO - it's about the quality of the game and matchmaking options, which is where 2K should have focused its energy.
Totally hear you on this! I mean, I get that people want to play with the actual NFL rosters. But once you're 2-3 seasons in, teams are completely different anyway as made up guys enter the league via draft and players leave via free agency. At that point all you're playing with are the logos/colors.

Give me Backbreaker's logo editor, 2k5's franchise mode, and 2k8 gameplay and I'd be in heaven.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

I always thought this was quite peculiar myself for people who were dead set on having NFL rosters. The funny thing is I'm in year 7 of my Madden 10 franchise - I've physically played every game off and on the past few years - and pretty much all the premier players have retired or are backups and the game is populated by generic guys.

The funny thing about my franchise is I edited all the high-profile rookies and gave them names of legendary players based on their attributes & ethnicity. So for example, a speedy pass rushing OLB is Derrick Thomas, a crushing FS is Ronnie Lott, big armed, immobile QB as Warren Moon, and so forth. It makes Madden bearable. :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »