Home

Old 02-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #33
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: This game is still unreal!

Yeah, the thing I love about this game is it feels organic. After I play 10 games of Madden/NCAA I feel like I have seen pretty much everything possible in the game. I should note I have only played 4 games of Madden12 but well over 100 of NCAA12.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 02-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #34
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Yeah, the thing I love about this game is it feels organic. After I play 10 games of Madden/NCAA I feel like I have seen pretty much everything possible in the game. I should note I have only played 4 games of Madden12 but well over 100 of NCAA12.
About 4 is all that is needed to play. I got it day 1, got about that far into my franchise and was bored so I sold. Then I bought it again on black Friday when it was super cheap at Wal-Mart and the same thing happened. I'm 4 games in to my 2k8 season, plus have played 4 games online against my brother, and every game I see something new. Not to mention I love being able to throw routes in the middle right as the LB turns to cover someone and has his back to me. I've missed those routes.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

You can take advantage of all defenders who have their back to you in this game when passing the ball, not just the LBs.

Whenever you can, always wait for the defender to turn his back and run before throwing to increase the chance of a completion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #36
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I loved the passing system in this game. You had to anticipate the WR's break and throw the ball before he made that dig or out cut. If you do that in Madden, the pass winds up being a streak or the WR just stands still and waits for the ball to come him.

You could also throw WR's open, which was a great tool to use if the coverage was tight.

The run blocking on sweeps and tosses was great.

I may just have to pick this back up for the 360 now. Game is a blast, both offline and online.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (Switch)
Old 02-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #37
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
You can take advantage of all defenders who have their back to you in this game when passing the ball, not just the LBs.

Whenever you can, always wait for the defender to turn his back and run before throwing to increase the chance of a completion.
Oh yeah, I meant this. Just was saying that I always had the most problems with throwing in the middle when I was playing other football games.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I loved the passing system in this game. You had to anticipate the WR's break and throw the ball before he made that dig or out cut. If you do that in Madden, the pass winds up being a streak or the WR just stands still and waits for the ball to come him.

You could also throw WR's open, which was a great tool to use if the coverage was tight.

The run blocking on sweeps and tosses was great.

I may just have to pick this back up for the 360 now. Game is a blast, both offline and online.
How do you do that?

Im enjoying the game again I love pass rush and Im experiencing great joy trying to sack the QB.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Turn on "maximum passing" by clicking in the joystick on the team select screen.

You can then lead the pass in any direction using the left joystick to guide it.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #40
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

So like I said in my original post, my brother and I recently got this game. Well, two of our friends also recently got it. Both have never played it before. One has been playing the M12 demo a bunch and the other owns M12. Both of them were trying to always throw on the run and were constantly getting frustrated because there QB wasn't accurate or they were always getting sacked (they were running backwards like 10 yards). Its funny how this game trains you to stay in the pocket and is so realistic that if a right handed QB is scrambling to the left, his accuracy/power is significantly affected just like in real life. The sim experience in this game is amazing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »