Home

This game is still unreal!

This is a discussion on This game is still unreal! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3
This game is still unreal!

I've been playing NCAA 10, NCAA 11 and Backbreaker the last 2 years (tried Madden 12 and NCAA 12, but sold both on eBay within a week). I've been having fun with NCAA 11. Then this weekend my brother and I decided to try the APF2k8 demo again. I haven't played it in years because I'm such a fan of offseason stuff. Needless to say I was blown away by the quality of the gameplay and how much of the little things this game does right! We went out to Gamestop and picked it up right away after playing the demo. In our first game I had a slant route to my WR and in an attempt to tackle my guy, my brother instead knocked over the ref and I had a clear path to the endzone. I was even more surprised that the servers still work to play online.

Having not played a 2k football game in years, I forgot how much FUN these games are to play, not to mention the fact that they nailed the halftime and postgame shows perfectly and the tackle animations. Crazy that a 4 year old football game does those things better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: This game is still unreal!

All Pro is definitely still the best football sim.

Too bad so many people didn't give it a shot without a franchise mode.

I just play games for the on field action. And because of that, APF 2K8 is my most-played sports game this generation.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I broke down and bought a 360 this weekend just to update rosters for nfl2k5. Well, I didn't have any luck with that, but I thought while I'm at it I'll get All Pro for the 360 too since it was 2.99 and people been doing things with hex editor.

Best money I've ever spent. This game feels smoother on this system and I already thought it was good on ps3. Was playing last night vs cpu. The cpu was using Dan Marino and he threw a td pass directly over my mlb, and then squeezed it between 2 safeties who knocked each other over while the te dragged his feet in the back of the endzone for a td. Looked like it was taken right off of sportscenter. Amazing.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Had an amazing online game over the weekend that reminded why im still playing this incredible game.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The framerate for the PS3 version is capped at 30 FPS.

Xbox 360 version goes to 60 FPS offline and 30 FPS online.

Xbox also received a patch that PS3 didn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

I just picked it up again myself. Played a little bit last night and can't wait to get back into playing it again.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

the online community seems to be coming back if only for the playoffs/superbowl
Old 01-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

Simple guide to build a 17 CAP NFL or NCAA team
Hex for Dummies

* Thanks to catcatch22 for the discovery, Flying Finn for the editor, Ratesports.net for the program links & video, DTRAIN53 and XRunandSh00tX for the 12-20 CAP team discovery/implementation, Raiders81Tim for the CAP view trick, and many resident hexperts like NFLHITMAN, wEEman & tpaterniti for their hexpertise and input.

------------------------------------
The tools you need:

Install the following 3 apps on your PC

1. USBXTAFGUI (answer 'yes' for the upgrade)
2. Modio
both available here:
http://www.box.net/shared/p7m4nx3ev8xzxxuag6r1

3. 2K Editor
(middle of page 12)
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ppened-12.html

-----------------------------------------------------------
Transferring teams between the 360 and PC:
-----------------------------------------------------------

watch the video or follow steps below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ubj6hvIaCU&NR=1

Build your team on the 360 with desired 17 CAPs, generics, uniforms, playbook, etc
Save a roster file onto your USB stick
Launch UsbXtafGui
Click file. Click open USB drive.
Open all folders per photo below:

Drag your Roster file to your desktop.

STEP BY STEP
HOW TO MAKE YOUR 17 CAP (3-4-4-6) NFL team:

Follow this procedure step-by-step

Have your completed roster in front of you with 3 gold, 4 silver, 4 bronze and 6 Bronze generics (BG)

1. Create your team uniform and create 17 CAPs (make 2 gold, 3 silver, 12 bronze... NOTE: you will be making one of your golds a silver and one of your silvers a bronze initially.)
2. Create team as normal, by selecting 2 gold, 3 silver, and 6 bronze (don't select your BGs) from 17 CAPs. In options, [save/load], save your roster to your USB.
3. Load team in editor (every time you go to editor, filter on PBP (select 0) to see only your CAPs).
Note: if you have trouble finding one of your CAPs, last name may be Epstein.

4. Make the 6 bronze players you placed on your team gold. Save your team.
5. Rehash and Resign; Load back to game. In options, load your roster from USB.
6. When you go to edit team you will have 6 bronze slots open. Choose your other 6 CAPs (your BGs) and place on your team. Set your generics now. In options, save roster to USB.
7. Load team in editor. Edit the CAPs to reflect your completed roster with correct abilities. You will make 3 CAPs gold, 4 silver, and 10 bronze. Count your golds, silvers and bronzes to verify. Save, rehash and resign.
8. Load the game. Load the roster. Go into [edit player]. VERIFY YOU HAVE 3 GOLDS, 4 SILVERS, and 10 BRONZE CAPs! If CAP tiers are correct, edit each player (birthday, gloves, eye black, etc) for the ratings to 'lock-in' for each player. Save your roster to USB.
9. Return to the editor and make your 6 BG CAPs generic (a '-' in the editor). They will keep bronze ratings!
10. Rehash and Resign and you are finished (17 perfect NFL CAPs with correct name, ht, wt, number, etc)
11. Load your roster. Set your playbook, substitutions, etc. Do NOT edit any CAPs after step 10 or you will downgrade your BG CAPs to a generic level. Check your subs - they tend to get messed up. Save your team! Enjoy

Optional:

You can also use in game legend faces on your CAPs to better resemble the player

Copy the in game legend photo and paste the code into your CAP's photo

Last edited by tjspeaks; 01-31-2012 at 07:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »