Home

Bring Back 2K Football

This is a discussion on Bring Back 2K Football within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 03-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Bring Back 2K Football

I like 2k8 but my problem is, unless You have a Bronze QB the Qb completion % is over 70.. EVERY Game... No matter where I move the Qb and Catch sliders its always 70 or higher %..
Try it,, Dont draft ANY WRs and then draft any silver or gold Qb and let the game play cpu vs cpu and watch..
Old 03-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgravyard49
I like 2k8 but my problem is, unless You have a Bronze QB the Qb completion % is over 70.. EVERY Game... No matter where I move the Qb and Catch sliders its always 70 or higher %..
Try it,, Dont draft ANY WRs and then draft any silver or gold Qb and let the game play cpu vs cpu and watch..
Better than 2k5 you can't never get the completion % over 40. I'm preety sure they will have enough time to fix work on QB ai because that might be the only huge problem in the game. P.S also in 2k5 Wideouts couldn't catch a cold so at least it shows you that they listen to the gripes and problems of there previous and tried to eliminate the problem, unlike some games not mentioning names.

Last edited by chibears96; 03-06-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Sigh, 2k is bullshyting!!! Give us something worth playing!!

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #12
Rookie

syd1364's Arena

OVR: 0

If the game was profitable, there's no reason why they wouldn't make another.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

My idea for a sports game was to have biennial (every other year or more) release that is supplemented with DLC and/or earned unlockables. 2K already has a great game engine so they merely need to add content & ideas to it.

Basically it's a football game with a MMORPG's sensibility all created organically with user sharing options and a full array of options.

The game would come stock with teams and a player pool that the user can play from the onset, but it's the career modes which have the most depth. Essentially you are given a generic-stock team which the user upgrades along the way in a Career Mode and Online Mode. In that time, the user earns access to free agents (developer created superstars with personalities & abilities), coaches, schemes, playbooks, team upgrades (equipment, facilities, endorsements, front office members, etc) all of which impact your football team because it takes an entire organization to be successful.

The inclusion of 2Ks VIP system and taking hints from EA's MMA Spectator Mode allows the user to further immerse oneself and scout opponents much like in real life. The inclusion of CH2K8 would allow the game to be user-content driven with share-able rosters, settings, etc thus giving the game life to sustain biennial releases. The developer could also take hints from MMA & wrestling games and allow a full plethora of Create-a-Player options so the league's inhabitants feel organic and each online opponent feels completely unique.

Online and social media would be highly implemented. The developer would need to give the user plenty of options to create and manage leagues and rosters online away from the game. An app to supplement the website and game would be an absolute must. The key is to fully immerse the user into the game thus giving it a life of its own.

To help the game stay relevant between development cycles the developer would release periodic DLC the equivalent of "roster updates" and "campaigns" to keep the game fresh. This DLC would include superstars, coaches, schemes, playbooks, stadiums, add-ons (new uniform options & designs, football equipment, visible stadium upgrades, broadcast teams, etc) and so forth.

To help the developer fund the game they can go to various companies to advertise in the game. **HOLD THE GROANS** Sports & advertising are married at the hip, so why not take advantage of it? Why not have Nike, Under Armour, Reebok, or any sports apparel company as sponsors who can advertise their equipment and apparel in the game? Why not sign Gatorade, Powerade, Vitamin Water, etc as sponsors so that players can be seen drinking the products on the sidelines or have faux ads up along the stadium? What's wrong with an injury report brought to you by Allstate, Aflac, or another insurance company? Why not have a half-time or post-game highlight brought to you by Coke, Chevy, etc? The gaming industry has changed so much in the last few years that endorsement deals like this have become the norm, the difference is that 2K finds ways to implement sponsorships into their sports games seamlessly, and by reaching out to other companies they can offset production and developmental costs.

** I like how I put so much work into a post to a game and sub-forum that is long sense dead.

Last edited by elgreazy1; 03-21-2012 at 12:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »