Home

RateSports Releases "APF 2K13" Mod For All Pro Football 2K8

This is a discussion on RateSports Releases "APF 2K13" Mod For All Pro Football 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #297
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: RateSports Releases "APF 2K13" Mod For All Pro Football 2K8

well, just picked up APF2k8 for my 360 for $2.99 (i had it for ps3 already).
Loaded up the rosters, and all I gotta say is.. DAM!!

Its freakin awesome.. thanks so much RateSports!
Playing my Raiders now.. and it really feels like the Raiders! Got some drops, a fumble, a few deep plays.. very characteristic of them.

RateSports, will you be updating the roster again before the season? Because Louis Murphy is no longer on the team.

Amazing how instantly I was having fun again with this game, and not "forcing" myself to like it like Madden.

With this game (and 2k5) you actually feel like you are in control, and can really affect a play on defense/offense.. With Madden, I just don't get that.

Even more unbelievable is that this game is like 5 years old, and still blows away Madden in terms of control and gameplay.

That should be a crime..

Will load up the BB rosters next and give that one a go..

Last edited by boooey; 08-17-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #298
Banned

OVR: 1

It truley is the ultimate testiment that this game's engine is SO much superior to even MADDEN's current engine that a college kid with no video game background experience can put together a roster file that creates a much more authentic and richer NFL experience and likeness than an entire team of professional video game designers using the latest Madden engine!

Its almost criminal that 2K doesnt have a current Football game on the market. Its very upsetting to me at how much better of a football simulation we could have in 2012!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #299
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

RateSports - Just curious...in terms of releasing Version 4, are you waiting until after pre-season when all teams have finalized their 53-man rosters and depth charts?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #300
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
well, just picked up APF2k8 for my 360 for $2.99 (i had it for ps3 already).
Loaded up the rosters, and all I gotta say is.. DAM!!

Its freakin awesome.. thanks so much RateSports!
Playing my Raiders now.. and it really feels like the Raiders! Got some drops, a fumble, a few deep plays.. very characteristic of them.

RateSports, will you be updating the roster again before the season? Because Louis Murphy is no longer on the team.

Amazing how instantly I was having fun again with this game, and not "forcing" myself to like it like Madden.

With this game (and 2k5) you actually feel like you are in control, and can really affect a play on defense/offense.. With Madden, I just don't get that.

Even more unbelievable is that this game is like 5 years old, and still blows away Madden in terms of control and gameplay.

That should be a crime..

Will load up the BB rosters next and give that one a go..

It really is unbelievable. Sometimes I find myself thinking maybe I just overrate this game, but then I go back and play it and it amazes me every time.

It just feels like real football. It's truly is incredible those games can stand the test of time and that now an 8 year old engine is still worlds better than what EA is TRYING to do. Control, physics, AI etc. both 2k5 and 2k8 are the total package. I can only fathom what NFL 2k13 would be like if it were coming out this month.

I pray that 2k chooses to fire this series back up, when the exclusive NFL deal ends with EA. (That is if they don't extend again) I don't think there would be any question that it would be an immediate success coming back on the market.

Last edited by JODYE; 08-22-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #301
Rookie

EdoubleZ's Arena

OVR: 0

Its pretty crazy but after playing the Madden 13 Demo and even with the new physics engine running the one thing EA still has not figured out is making the players feel like they have weight to them. APF 2k8 does that.

Trying to hit gaps in APF 2k8 while running out of the backfield, even with an agile RB, feels right. In Madden it feels like I am tip-toeing through a mindfield and the smallest contact with anything will bring me down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #302
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah its a great Game i have it for PS3 too bad there isnt any hex editing for ps3 though for updating rosters
Old 08-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #303
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13.
I pray that 2k chooses to fire this series back up, when the exclusive NFL deal ends with EA. (That is if they don't extend again) ...
Thats a HUGE if....but there is hope
Old 08-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #304
Pro

boooey's Arena

Playing Raiders season file.. but when I played the Ravens on my season schedule, all the players on the Raven's were generic.. it was not the real Raven's NFL roster.

anyone know why this is?

thanks!!

Last edited by boooey; 08-24-2012 at 03:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »