Home

Hex Editor is finally being released for the PS3, can we expect a APF update now?

This is a discussion on Hex Editor is finally being released for the PS3, can we expect a APF update now? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
edit- Hex Editor JUST RELEASED for the PS3, can we expect a APF update now?

http://kotaku.com/5914704/a-modern+d...-maximum-lives

they are going to try to release it the first week of July..

Quote:
The Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 comes in a USB flash drive that contains an installation program that allows users to transfer save files between the PS3 and the PC. Players can use the PC program in the USB drive in order to write cheats onto their save files. Players can then transfer the edited save files from their PC back onto their PS3 to enjoy a powered-up game file. The Game Genie PC program works through a continuously updated server that adds the newest codes for the newest games.
hopefully we get one for BackBreaker as well.

Last edited by Afrikan; 07-18-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Hex Editor is finally being released for the PS3, can we expect a APF update now?

I would love for an update/mod like the xbox now has. To have 2013 NFL roster on the PS3 with 2k8 would be great.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Banned

Re: Hex Editor is finally being released for the PS3, can we expect a APF update now?

Mine should get here tomorrow....its $29.99 here is a link to it at Amazon...the main website purchase page links to Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ASI...=operasport-20

damn wish I knew about coding...but I remember when some were able to convert xbox saves to PS2 saves..just by change some stuff around... I hope some can do the same with 360 saves...or if Finn adds to his APF editor or BackBreaker editor, PS3 save options...like he did with the 2K5 one.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Rookie

dandeb's Arena

OVR: 3
Can that be used for saved roster files? Do they have to be solely for PS3? Thx.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
Rookie

dandeb's Arena

Can that be used for saved roster files? Do they have to be solely for PS3? Thx.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Simply transfering saves files is not the same thing as resigning them.

I highly doubt this product solves the PS3's main issue, which is that you can't resign a file once you've made any changes to it.

There is an encryption system on all PS3 files that has yet to be circumvented. The one group who did figure out how to break the PS3's encryption code was quickly sued by Sony's lawyers and told to cease and desist once the findings went public.

There's also the issue of having to convert Xbox 360 files to PS3 files, which may or may not even be possible.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-19-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
Rookie

dandeb's Arena

Thanks pal for the thorough explanation. Too bad Sony plays hardball like that. Maybe someone could eventually give Madden a run for their money.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
Banned

jyoung, did you look more into this product? or just go based off what is on Amazon's page or Kokatu's info awhile back?

Quote:
Q. Does the Game Genie have a hexdecimal editor?

A. Yes, the Game Genie program has a hexdecimal editor that you can use to create your own codes.
is this not the same as what is going on for the 360?

I know what you are talking about regarding locked saves...I believe GT5 saves are locked and this product might not initially work with it......I don't know if APF is however. I believe it is up to the developer if they want to lock saves, no?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »