Home

Online playing field unfair since hex editor released

This is a discussion on Online playing field unfair since hex editor released within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Online playing field unfair since hex editor released

I for one am not cool with the hex editor.

I just went online and this dude had a current Cowboys squad, and even his bronze players had 5 abilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Online playing field unfair since hex editor released

Yeah, that's the only reason I am glad I have the PS3 version.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

why havent you created a team with it
Old 09-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I feel the same way. Even if a player doesn't have a "hexed" team, there's no telling if his players - generics or legends - aren't juiced because you can't see their ratings. It really creates an unfair advantage. Fortunately, I have a acquired a ton of friends over the last few years who don't hex, hence the game has still been fun. For those who do, well, I simply don't play them anymore.

I will say, though, that hex is a good thing for those who use it within the rules of good sportsmanship. I know of a couple leagues where guys use hex and they've never had any problems because they don't disrespect the game or their opponents by trying to get an unfair advantage. Also, hex was just something necessary to keep APF going, seeing as the game is over 5+ years old now.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Anyone on Xbox who appreciates a fair game (win or lose), please add me - Jingle Johnson (xbox gamertag).

I play fair, no matter what. I don't move defensive players or anything before the snap. I just want to have fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I feel the same way. Even if a player doesn't have a "hexed" team, there's no telling if his players - generics or legends - aren't juiced because you can't see their ratings. It really creates an unfair advantage. Fortunately, I have a acquired a ton of friends over the last few years who don't hex, hence the game has still been fun. For those who do, well, I simply don't play them anymore.

I will say, though, that hex is a good thing for those who use it within the rules of good sportsmanship. I know of a couple leagues where guys use hex and they've never had any problems because they don't disrespect the game or their opponents by trying to get an unfair advantage. Also, hex was just something necessary to keep APF going, seeing as the game is over 5+ years old now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
Anyone on Xbox who appreciates a fair game (win or lose), please add me - Jingle Johnson (xbox gamertag).

I play fair, no matter what. I don't move defensive players or anything before the snap. I just want to have fun.
I have a serious question for you guys, do you consider it cheese if someone creates their pro team realistically and uses ratings and abilities in the same manner? I recreated the Detroit Lions, but I used the standard 2-3-6 format (the rest are generics) and then I copied all of the players ratings right from Madden and even lowered a few guys who needed it. Almost all of my players have abilities, but they are realistic, and I stayed away from all of the cheesier abilities such as: Route God (yes, even for Megatron), Signal Stealer, Branching Tackles, Workhorse, etc...

For example, our corners SUCK in real life, so Chris Houston is a generic, but I gave him Speed Burner and Bump Master (he has 88 press in Madden) and that's it. His coverage rating is a 73 (an average of his Man and Zone Coverage in Madden divided by 2), but I did NOT give him coverage bonus, ball hawk (he did have 5 picks last season though), or any ability like that. My other corner Dwight Bentley has a 71 coverage rating and I gave him Closing Speed and Quick Feet and nothing else. On the other hand, I do have a Silver MLB in Stephen Tulloch that has 5 abilities, but they are all legit: Leadership Bonus, Wrap Up Tackler, Run Reader, Run Coverage and Durability Bonus, same thing with my Silver LE Cliff Avril, he has Ball Strip, Sack Master, Pass Rush Bonus and Rip, dude had like 12 sacks and 6 forced fumbles last season, and got all kinds of pressure on the QB.

I would love to find a decent stable of guys to play APF 2K8 with, but I just don't want anyone calling cheese because of my team. I honestly tried to be REALISTIC about how I went about building them, and it is more fun for me to play with a "replica" of the Lions rather than a team full of legends. I guess I feel like if I really wanted to cheese I would have made a 12 Gold team and checked off every ability for each player like some of the cats out there are doing. I'd also like to add that I played an XBOX friend of mine with this team against his legends team, and I lost the first game 14-7, granted he is a real football mind/strategist, but it also shows that my team isn't overpowered as well.

What are you guy's thoughts?

Last edited by Illustrator76; 10-01-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

I feel you are legit and are doing nothing wrong. In about a month, I will have X-Box Live and I want to play head-to-head against you, or we could get some sort of league going. This site has player ratings that I feel are more realistic than Maddens:

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/index.php

Check Kanobi's thread for information on what He and I are presently doing with Rate Sports files. Take Care and Have Fun
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWBlue4
I feel you are legit and are doing nothing wrong. In about a month, I will have X-Box Live and I want to play head-to-head against you, or we could get some sort of league going. This site has player ratings that I feel are more realistic than Maddens:

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/index.php

Check Kanobi's thread for information on what He and I are presently doing with Rate Sports files. Take Care and Have Fun
Thanks, and I'd be happy to play you!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »