Home

HEADLINE--Does Anyone Even Realize what we have in NFL2K13??!!

This is a discussion on HEADLINE--Does Anyone Even Realize what we have in NFL2K13??!! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: HEADLINE--Does Anyone Even Realize what we have in NFL2K13??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWBlue4
I am not sure what Rate Sports is planning on doing come next June 2013. I am sure we can get a few talented Hex Editor guys (or gals) together and get the game right for the 2013-2014 season. And those people deserve a bit of money for the efforts they put in. Rate Sports changed the names and did the cosmetic stuff, but the ratings are TERRIBLE and need to be re-done, team-by-team.

I am grateful, and I hope we are all grateful for what Rate Sports initially did. Now, we need to keep the game alive by dedicating our time until 2K hopefully makes an NCCA game, cause we known that EA and Madden is nuttin' but "wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest...." and so on. To speak of them is a waste of time. So, I have done seven teams so far and it is tough work, but the game plays GREAT and it is all TRUE sim game players have until 2K Sports drops their next Joint to the public. Have Fun
I think it gets lost that "RateSports" is one guy. A college student. Me.

I am happy you are thankful for the work that I did, and I am grateful for people that are opportunistic and optimistic regarding APF 2K8 and 2K Sports in general.

What many people, if not all, do not truly understand is the complexity of doing the entire NFL in a game that is severely limited.

Limited not just by teams, but by actual codes inputted into the Hex Editor. It took over 2 years for myself, and my previous partner who worked on the first iteration (NFL 2K12) to even get the name problems sorted out due to extremely limited space.

Doing the first 15 or so teams can be done in a matter of days to potential weeks. Doing the LAST 9 teams, plus additional 8 teams, all while simultaneously updating all 8 files, takes months and months and months. Not to mention offering head to head files which are an additional 8 files on top.

Just to update one player for example from my previous file, these are the steps :

1.) Update name in the base file
2.) Update player ratings, abilities, dimensions (height/weight/etc.)
3.) Re-Hash/Re-Sign for in-game use

Repeat these 3 steps 16 times.

Total of 48 steps for one update.

Even if you have all updates ready, you must copy 3 sections of code that are a few million characters long, save them in a .txt document, then transfer them over top of each 16 files.

Still totaling 48 steps.

These updates are ENORMOUS tasks that done by one individual, is almost impossible. Even with a team of 3 or 4 highly talented Hex Editors with knowledge of all locations, would take serious, serious time.

Last edited by RateSports; 11-08-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports

I am happy you are thankful for the work that I did, and I am grateful for people that are opportunistic and optimistic regarding APF 2K8 and 2K Sports in general.

What many people, if not all, do not truly understand is the complexity of doing the entire NFL in a game that is severely limited.

Limited not just by teams, but by actual codes inputted into the Hex Editor. It took over 2 years for myself, and my previous partner who worked on the first iteration (NFL 2K12) to even get the name problems sorted out due to extremely limited space.

Doing the first 15 or so teams can be done in a matter of days to potential weeks. Doing the LAST 9 teams, plus additional 8 teams, all while simultaneously updating all 8 files, takes months and months and months. Not to mention offering head to head files which are an additional 8 files on top.

Just to update one player for example from my previous file, these are the steps :

Even if you have all updates ready, you must copy 3 sections of code that are a few million characters long, save them in a .txt document, then transfer them over top of each 16 files.

Still totaling 48 steps.

These updates are ENORMOUS tasks that done by one individual, is almost impossible. Even with a team of 3 or 4 highly talented Hex Editors with knowledge of all locations, would take serious, serious time.

I am NOWHERE near your level of intelligence and aptitude when it comes to editing this game. I am glad to see you back. I thought after you gave Madden a 9.5, that we would never see you again.

I am glad to see you back and I was wondering what you have planned for the future of the game. I have your entire NFC Alt. (MIN) file re-rated and it plays GREAT in my opinion. I used this site for the ratings:

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/index.php

Even the piddly little work I have done has taken time, so what you have done for the game must have taken well over one thousand hours!! Anyone with a conscience who downloads your files owes you at least $20.

Glad to see you back and hope that we can all do our part to keep APF2K8/NFL2K13 alive and kicking well into the future .... or at least till 2KSports hoepfully makes NCAA Football 2015.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

SWEET, I didn't know you used DCEBB's ratings!! Creating a Steelers roster would be pretty awesome with trying those. I am so thankful for all that RateSports has done though, because I've been using his rosters non-stop since his 2nd version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
SWEET, I didn't know you used DCEBB's ratings!! Creating a Steelers roster would be pretty awesome with trying those. I am so thankful for all that RateSports has done though, because I've been using his rosters non-stop since his 2nd version.

What is DCEBB's ratings? I want to do all 32 NFL teams and then copy and paste the ratings using the Hex Editor into all the files that Rate Sports has graciously given to us.

I have 7 teams already done and am working on more.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWBlue4
What is DCEBB's ratings? I want to do all 32 NFL teams and then copy and paste the ratings using the Hex Editor into all the files that Rate Sports has graciously given to us.

I have 7 teams already done and am working on more.
The OS poster on here that created the fbg ratings site. Awesome man!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports

Still totaling 48 steps.

Didn't someone write an editor to make this work easier?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »