Home

Another reason to Love APF2K8

This is a discussion on Another reason to Love APF2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Another reason to Love APF2K8

Rosters. No, I'm not talking about Hexing or anything like that. I'm talking about the ability to update your 11 man roster easily out of the box.

For example, if your a fan of an NFL team or any football team...you can easily put together and updated roster of the top 11 players, rank 'em out you see fit (if you're a lions fan and you think Reggie Bush is only deserving of a bronze star...create him as such).

What this means is that form year to year you don't have to buy a new game (although I do )or download a roster file...you are are always in control. That's pretty cool.

Why 2K limited us to only 20 total CAPS is crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Another reason to Love APF2K8

I wish the game had franchise mode and more players from the 2000's..
Old 04-23-2014, 05:56 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

2k did their best to screw up a fantastic game. Nothing produced since even comes close IMO.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Yeah, more players from the 1990's or 2000 era would be cool. Those are the players I grew up watching. I can already think of so many classics!

Its funny how so many people say, "If only this game had a franchise mode..." lol. I'm one of them! I only wish they split this game into two modes 1) play online and in a single season with legends 2) Play offline (without legends) in franchise mode. I would prefer a blank canvas non-NFL, fully customizable game allowing for a wide open franchise mode.

2K gave us a great game but its also the most frustrating due to its own set of limitations. Either way, I will always own an XB360 to be able to play APF2K8.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #5
Banned

I wish they had got licenses of defunct football leagues such as XFL, UFL, WLAF and USFL.. It would been nice play with the likes Hershel Walker, Jim Kelly, Sam Mills, Daunte Culpepper, David Boston and others..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2014, 03:17 AM   #6
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar3k5
I wish they had got licenses of defunct football leagues such as XFL, UFL, WLAF and USFL.. It would been nice play with the likes Hershel Walker, Jim Kelly, Sam Mills, Daunte Culpepper, David Boston and others..
Or... save the money you'd have to pay those players and make a fictitious league from scratch.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
Banned

I can't see 2K doing the massive individual player licensing again. I'm sure they've learned their lesson. You're better off signing one guy and then building a default fictional league that can be customized, contracted or expanded.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Each of the game's 248 players was signed to his own 2-year contract. There were reportedly multiple pay levels, which were assigned based on the popularity of the player. Getting those deals done must have been a ton of work for Take-Two's legal department.

While no one knows the exact price each player was paid, it came up in a court case that Take-Two Interactive paid O.J. Simpson $50,000 to appear in All-Pro Football 2K8.

If a former murder suspect's appearance cost that much, then it seems safe to assume that a significant portion of All-Pro Football 2K8's budget was squandered on forgotten football stars.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-27-2014 at 01:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »