Home

What is your (FlyingFinn) wish list for the 2K Editor?

This is a discussion on What is your (FlyingFinn) wish list for the 2K Editor? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: What is your (FlyingFinn) wish list for the 2K Editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
I doubt Finn will ever add more into the editor. This game has to be sooooo low on his priority list. With that said though, I'll give it a go.

- Ability to switch around playbooks (both CPU and USER teams)
- Ability to edit CPU playbook plays (a pipe dream)
- Ability to edit CPU team run/pass ratio (switching playbooks around is nice, but real change will come when we can make the teams truly utilize them)
- Ability to switch CPU teams to be USER teams (can already do this in hex but it would save a lot of time if it was in the editor)
- Ability to organize players into their respective teams so that it is easier to navigate instead of just scrolling until you find the correct player
Cant speak to Finns personal life but im pretty sure this is because he said he returns to editing in January. And As far as working on editors for sports games, what could possibly be a higher priority at this point than one for APF? MLB The Show?

Last edited by Culture Rot; 12-18-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #10
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspeaks

What would your wish list be IF he gives this more time?

WOAH WOAH WOAH here, what is this about importing custom logos? This has me intrigued. I'd be all for making some custom logos for the APF community.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
WOAH WOAH WOAH here, what is this about importing custom logos? This has me intrigued. I'd be all for making some custom logos for the APF community.
It would be great, but is it actually even possible? Seems like the logos and the class they belong to are all hard-coded. Heck, even in the game itself you can't switch to a different logo while you're creating a team without choosing a completely different uniform package. They have it where the logos are all attached to specific packages. Why they did this I have no idea.

Honestly, the more you dig into the whole customization thing, and you think about how they did things, the more you wonder what 2K was smoking at the time. Very little of it makes any sense at all other than just making it more difficult to customize the way we wanted/needed to be able to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #12
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
It would be great, but is it actually even possible? Seems like the logos and the class they belong to are all hard-coded. Heck, even in the game itself you can't switch to a different logo while you're creating a team without choosing a completely different uniform package. They have it where the logos are all attached to specific packages. Why they did this I have no idea.

Honestly, the more you dig into the whole customization thing, and you think about how they did things, the more you wonder what 2K was smoking at the time. Very little of it makes any sense at all other than just making it more difficult to customize the way we wanted/needed to be able to.
Obviously what 2K was smoking wasn't as strong as EA
Old 12-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:

Almost all of what you have just said it is false.

Logos are hard-coded however.

Logos are not attached to packages.
Classes they belong to are not hardcoded.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Almost all of what you have just said it is false.

Logos are hard-coded however.

Logos are not attached to packages.
Classes they belong to are not hardcoded.
If I start the game and build a team with, say, the preset uniform for, I dunno, the Fury, I can't swap that logo with another one in the game while still in creation mode with the Fury. If I want a different logo, I have to back out and pick the uniform package of another team that has the logo I want. So how are they not attached exactly? If they weren't, I'd be able to stay in the creation screen for the Fury, press an option and just pick a different logo, but that can't be done in the game.

If there is a way through Hex or some sort of companion program hack to import logos not already in the game, I'd love to see it. But with the above being true, I don't see how it would be currently possible without having access to closed code, and then restructuring it to search and retrieve a referenced image off-disc that wasn't included in the final game, which is a feature 2K specifically made certain not to put into the game, because...

... 2K admitted to aholbert32 (Forum Mod here) in person that many of the restrictions were done purposely so that it would be harder (or impossible without some kind of external editor) to re-create the whole NFL, and technically it still is impossible since like 23, 24, or 25 teams is all that can fit in the Season file. This was all done because 2K said at the time they believed they had another shot at the NFL license and didn't want to upset the NFL by allowing people to somehow cheapen the license through re-creation. Hard to argue against that when it took coded editors and Hexing years later to be able to do something resembling NFL in season mode. Heck, 2K didn't even make it where you could just start with a completely blank team, they made it where you absolutely had to pick a pre-made uniform package and edit it from there.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers99_58_36
Obviously what 2K was smoking wasn't as strong as EA
Tiburon is bad at making football, atrocious in fact. But, that doesn't change the reality that APF was built with far too many restrictions, especially considering the type of game it was supposed to be. We know why they did it, but it was still a bad idea. The game should've come with open editing for all players, and a 32-Team structure. Not doing this cost them dearly, and screwed us in the end.

What made me conclude that they'd lost their minds is when a report came out that they were shocked at how low the sales for All-Pro Football were. That's akin to a QB being shocked that he passed at 30%, threw 5 INT's and lost the game after he didn't do any film study, didn't practice, and didn't read the playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Tiburon is bad at making football, atrocious in fact. But, that doesn't change the reality that APF was built with far too many restrictions, especially considering the type of game it was supposed to be. We know why they did it, but it was still a bad idea. The game should've come with open editing for all players, and a 32-Team structure. Not doing this cost them dearly, and screwed us in the end.

What made me conclude that they'd lost their minds is when a report came out that they were shocked at how low the sales for All-Pro Football were. That's akin to a QB being shocked that he passed at 30%, threw 5 INT's and lost the game after he didn't do any film study, didn't practice, and didn't read the playbook.
I could care less about the NFL license IMO the game is more fun without it, more variety online. If 2K can just make a game for these next generation consoles, they don't even need the license just give it more customization and and I'm sure they can make an editor for computers because look what that turned into.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »