Home

What is your (FlyingFinn) wish list for the 2K Editor?

This is a discussion on What is your (FlyingFinn) wish list for the 2K Editor? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
What is your (FlyingFinn) wish list for the 2K Editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I return in January. I am getting the urge to dive back into game editing so we will see what happens when I get back.

What would your wish list be IF he gives this more time?

continued below...

- Add high helmet tackles

- Add ability to see faces so you can

easily add a legends face to CAPs

- Editing CAP names

- Editing uniforms

- Editing team names

- Import custom logos

- Ability to switch around playbooks (both CPU and USER teams)

- Ability to edit CPU playbook plays (a pipe dream)

- Ability to edit CPU team run/pass ratio (switching playbooks around is nice, but real change will come when we can make the teams truly utilize them)

- Ability to switch CPU teams to be USER teams (can already do this in hex but it would save a lot of time if it was in the editor)

- Ability to organize players into their respective teams so that it is easier to navigate instead of just scrolling until you find the correct player

- Ability to put generics from all 24 teams on an 8-team roster file so that all 8 teams don't have the same generics.

- Ability to edit CPU depth charts or at least copy the USER depth chart template over the CPU one (most teams don't utilize their players well because they don't put them into correct positions to succeed, this would help a lot)

- Ability to edit throwing motions and player specific animations (i.e. Roger Craig running style, Lester Hayes get-low stance, etc.)

- Ability to assign players to an existing team, including user controlled teams - would make creating a team very simple

- Ability to switch teams to user controlled or back

- Ability to copy uniform from team A to team B

- Ability to copy all information from team A to team B (uniform, playbook, roster, depth chart, subs, etc.)

Last edited by tjspeaks; 01-13-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
Banned

Re: hat is your (FlyingFinn) wish list for the 2K Editor?

- add High helmet tackles- add ability to see faces so you can easily add a legends face to your CAP (we currently copy/paste legend face number into CAP slot)- editing names in the editor (if possible) currently greyed out
Old 12-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm not too familiar with hex outside of what I've seen in screen shots and have read in threads here throughout the years, but I believe the biggest upgrade would be to build a dedicated UX interface so the software is easier to navigate. Again, just based off what I see here: the entire process looks very clunky and seems to take a lot of hex know-how in order to even utilize the system.

Also, not sure about this either, does hex-editing work on a Mac platform? I don't own a PC.

Again, never used hex, but just based off what I've seen/read. Now that next-gen is here and there will only be EA-football for the foreseeable future, I may jump onto the hex bandwagon.

EDIT:
Let me clarify, I've seen the editor UX (attachment 1) which looks great, but then I see other examples (attachment 2) and have no idea what's going on there. Seems like opt 2 gives the user a much deeper editing experience?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APFEditor.jpg (243.5 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131021_221551.jpg (586.3 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by elgreazy1; 12-06-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Well it is the christmas season....but I dont think Finns ever coming back....

What the hell:

Editing Names in the editor
Old 12-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
Banned

Re: What is your (FlyingFinn) wish list for the 2K Editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaterniti
You hit on the main ones I would have suggested. Also editing team names and uniforms would be nice.

updated post #1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Editing names is all we really need. I won't ask for uniform editing because the game already does that best, and that would be a nightmare to try and program into the editor because of all the combinations that are possible.

That said, having an easier way to take your uniform codes into the editor and overwrite the default uniform codes would be a gamechanger, because we'd be able to redo the entire league's terrible uniform image easily. I was watching a vid from NFLHitman I believe, and he was showing how he was just taking his uni codes and overwriting the defaults. It didn't look hard, but if you don't want to learn hex it's not something a person would want to mess around with.

Last edited by FaceMask; 12-07-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

I doubt Finn will ever add more into the editor. This game has to be sooooo low on his priority list. With that said though, I'll give it a go.

- Ability to switch around playbooks (both CPU and USER teams)
- Ability to edit CPU playbook plays (a pipe dream)
- Ability to edit CPU team run/pass ratio (switching playbooks around is nice, but real change will come when we can make the teams truly utilize them)
- Ability to switch CPU teams to be USER teams (can already do this in hex but it would save a lot of time if it was in the editor)
- Ability to organize players into their respective teams so that it is easier to navigate instead of just scrolling until you find the correct player

Last edited by theDude47; 12-17-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

It'd cool if I could put generics from all 24 teams on my 8-team roster files so that all 8 of my teams don't have the same generics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »