Home

My APF 2K8 Season - Chicago Beasts

This is a discussion on My APF 2K8 Season - Chicago Beasts within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
My APF 2K8 Season - Chicago Beasts

Here's how my current APF Season is shaping up!

Team: Chicago Beasts
Uniform Scheme: Chicago Bears
Conference: Pacific
Division North: Seattle Sailors, Minn. Ware wolves, Mil. Indians
QTR length: 7 Min., All-Pro.

Roster:
Gold: RB-Thurman Thomas, QB-CAP-Champ Davis (Scrambler, Laser, Rocket Arm)

Silver: WR-Gary Clark, WR-Irving Fryer, FS-Jack Tatum

Bronze: LB-Ken Norton, WR/KR/PR-Cliff Branch, DT-Dan Saleamua,

CB-Albert Lewis, DE-Dexter Manley, DE-Harvey Martin

Generics: All Balanced. WR-Mike Simpson, WR-Damon James will see time as result of the heavy WR formations. Opposite CB-Albert Lewis, #21 Alvin Richardson will be called upon to keep his side of the field in check. #39-Cory Chandler serves as Thurman Thomas' backup and will need to tote the rock effectively to spell Thomas.

Defensive Scheme: 4-3 - Conservative

Offensive Scheme: Run-N-Shoot/Shotgun (No FB/TE Sets - Every formation features 4-WR Spread Looks) - Make no mistake - this offense is predicated on getting the ball to Thurman Thomas early and often.

Game 1: At Texas Rustlers (Win, 35-21).

Texas is a tough team because of one man, Paul Horning (#5). Horning is a threat each and every time he touches the ball and Texas doesn't shy from making sure he gets his touches. Texas plays a similar offense to the Denver Cougars - fairly conservative two back sets but each team lacks deep threats to really stretch the field. I think the Rustlers offense presents more problems in the middle of the field because of Keith Jackson, a lethal Silver TE.

Horning ran for 80 yards, caught several balls and returned a kickoff for a TD. Despite his effort, Thurman Thomas thrived in the Chicago offensive scheme, running for 132 yards and catching 7 passes for an additional 54 yards leading the Beasts to a 35-21 win in Texas. Champ Davis completed 21/30 Passes for 297 yards with 3TD 0INT for the Beasts.

Pacific Conference - North Standings:

Beasts 1-0
Werewolves 0-1
Sailors 0-1
Indians 0-1

Next: at Las Vegas Rollers (1-0)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: My APF 2K8 Season - Chicago Beasts

Pics or it didn't happen
Old 01-07-2014, 02:05 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: My APF 2K8 Season - Chicago Beasts

Game 2: At Las Vegas (Loss, 17-14).

On paper the matchup with Vegas looked to be in the Beasts favor. As they say, "this is why you play the game." Vegas (2-0) came into the game at 1-0 but defensively, aside from Art Donovan at DL, they are lacking especially on the back end (no star DBs). Conventional wisdom says Chicago (1-1) has the advantage as a result of the spread, 4-WR sets. Art Donovan was a one-man wrecking crew - forcing me to step up in the pocket, throw early and even forcing me into the first pick of the year. Thurman Thomas was held to sub 80 yards rushing and thats not going to do it. Thomas now sits at 318 yards from scrimmage (204 rushing / 114 receiving).

WR-Gary Clark was lost for 11 weeks due to a broken knee cap. Big blow. Generic WR's Mike Simpson and James will need to step up.

Beasts 1-1
Werewolves 1-1
Sailors 1-1
Indians 1-1

Next: at Indians (1-1).

[Game 1: At Texas Rustlers (Win, 35-21).

Texas is a tough team because of one man, Paul Horning (#5). Horning is a threat each and every time he touches the ball and Texas doesn't shy from making sure he gets his touches. Texas plays a similar offense to the Denver Cougars - fairly conservative two back sets but each team lacks deep threats to really stretch the field. I think the Rustlers offense presents more problems in the middle of the field because of Keith Jackson, a lethal Silver TE.

Horning ran for 80 yards, caught several balls and returned a kickoff for a TD. Despite his effort, Thurman Thomas thrived in the Chicago offensive scheme, running for 132 yards and catching 7 passes for an additional 54 yards leading the Beasts to a 35-21 win in Texas. Champ Davis completed 21/30 Passes for 297 yards with 3TD 0INT for the Beasts.

Beasts 1-0
Werewolves 0-1
Sailors 0-1
Indians 0-1

Next: at Las Vegas Rollers (1-0)[/quote]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »