Home

APF: cpu v cpu scrim

This is a discussion on APF: cpu v cpu scrim within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2014, 06:12 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
cpu vs cpu game

There was a guy on here looking to build historic teams and have them play each other (cpu vs cpu). If you are still around, LMK, I learned how to do this from the Simulation Football League.

http://www.simulationfl.com/

Last edited by tjspeaks; 03-07-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: cpu vs cpu game

The 2nd controller switch trick. I love it. I've been doing it for years. I can't play against the default teams, the uniforms are just too bad, so this saves me from it.

The uniforms aren't so great, but that site is what I envisioned APF to be. Something more open and social. It really would've helped curb the no franchise mode issue.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
The 2nd controller switch trick. I love it. I've been doing it for years. I can't play against the default teams, the uniforms are just too bad, so this saves me from it.

The uniforms aren't so great, but that site is what I envisioned APF to be. Something more open and social. It really would've helped curb the no franchise mode issue.
Since you are limited to 20 CAPs, the solution is to build 2 teams using 10 CAPs each, for the 11th CAP, you select an applicable legend. I know a few guys were dying to sim (cpu vs cpu) historic NFL teams, but no one could help them do it. It is obvious now that SFL has figured it out... but wasn't so obvious until now.

If you haven't watched one of the games, that SFL announcer should have an NFL job somewhere. He is better than many I have heard on the radio.

Last edited by tjspeaks; 03-07-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
Banned

I've never been much into a lot of player creation in APF because of the restrictions. I wanted to edit all the teams players to my liking, but the program limits too much for me to want to even approach it, and I'm not interested in hexing. I've always felt, if I can't at least have all 8 of my teams fully edited then I'll just stick to making a few CAP's and using the rest of the roster for legends and no-names.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
The 2nd controller switch trick. I love it. I've been doing it for years.

Sorry, I'm new here. I've just bought 2k8 on Amazon, waiting for it to arrive.

What is the 2nd controller trick for setting up CPU vs CPU.

Also, are 11 Legends or Created Stars required for created teams? Ideally, I'd like to set up rosters for historical teams that might not have that many quality players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Rankin
Sorry, I'm new here. I've just bought 2k8 on Amazon, waiting for it to arrive.

What is the 2nd controller trick for setting up CPU vs CPU.

Also, are 11 Legends or Created Stars required for created teams? Ideally, I'd like to set up rosters for historical teams that might not have that many quality players.
For the controller trick, you plug in a second controller and then select teams to play from your pool of created teams for both sides. When the game starts, you press start, go into "options" and then into "choose side", then put both controllers in the middle so the game will play CPU vs CPU.

You can also use this trick so you can play against your created teams yourself, by simply setting one controller to CPU (middle) and the other to user (left or right).

About team setup; you're allowed 11 legends, or 11 created players, or a mix of both that totals up to 11.

Last edited by FaceMask; 03-12-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Does the game REQUIRE 11 legends/created players on a user made team, or can a team be made with all generics?
Old 03-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Rankin
Does the game REQUIRE 11 legends/created players on a user made team, or can a team be made with all generics?
You can have a mix of 11 created players and the rest being generics by default.

The closest thing to having all generics but no legends without using created players, is to just bench all of the legends. I've done this, but it's hard to even complete a pass with all generics. With created players you'll be fine, but generic WR's will make you nuts sometimes with how terrible they can be. Generic WR's are like a team of Alvin Harper's with no Michael Irvin to take the focus and make them look good, i.e. they will have trouble getting open and will drop a lot of passes being the feature WR. But if you do it, make sure you save your roster change and double-check it, because the game likes to sneak the legends back into the starting lineup for obvious reasons.

Alternatively, you can create 11 players of your own, and then select them all to your squad. This will keep all legends off your team. But keep in mind, if you create 11 players for one team it will only leave you with 9 created player slots total, so the rest of your 7 teams will have to have legends.

I know all of this sucks, but 2K wanted to make sure that circumventing the legends wasn't simple, and to make sure that doing so came with drawbacks to make the user less likely to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »