Home

Some questions about editing All Pro Football....

This is a discussion on Some questions about editing All Pro Football.... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Some questions about editing All Pro Football....

Ok, I suddenly got the urge to give this game another shot and I'm in love again. That said, I just want to create maybe 4 or 5 complete NFL teams to play around with for awhile. However, its been a terribly long time since I've messed with Finn's editor or the Hex file. I tried looking at previous threads but I'm completely lost now (which is funny because I remember when this game got first cracked by the editor and how excited we were ). So I was wondering if some of you that have been looking at the file recently can help me with a couple of questions.

1. What is the offset for my created team players in the hex editor? I'm talking more about generics than anything. Reason why I'm asking is that I want full control over my teams playbooks and depth charts, therefore I want to edit generic players on my created team, not the default teams.

2. The names...I'm at a complete loss about how to edit names other than making them created players and doing it in game. Last I remember, this messes up the file somehow.

3. In additon to #2, team names....can I edit those?

4. Has anybody figured out how to make these teams playable online?

Thanks in advance.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 01:26 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Some questions about editing All Pro Football....

The first created player on your roster file should be at offset 829F0. Generic players will be mixed in with your CAPs. So start at that offset and go down the file from there to find all your players.

Team names are located at offsets 231560 (season mode CPU teams) and 234280 (all other names).

Stadium names are at offset 22F5B0.

To pass the online roster verification screen and play online, make sure that all your teams have 11 star players (tiers don't matter), and that there are no generic tier players present on the in-game player editing page.

For editing names, RateSports is the only person I'm aware of who figured out how to change them without screwing up the names database, but he never publicized how to do it, and now he is banned from these forums.

If you use the method of turning non-created players (generics, legends) into created players and then altering their names from the in-game menu, you'll gradually corrupt the names database, and you'll run into instances where multiple players share the same name.

You can fix that by rewriting the eight hex code slots shown below in the black boxes, but it involves a ton of trial and error.

And even after you successfully "unlink" the players who have shared names, you'll still end up with lots of incorrect play-by-by names.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APF linked names.jpg (106.4 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by jyoung; 06-09-2014 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

Any idea on how to "unlink" names? I'm running into name issues right now and don't want to go too much further and mess things up too bad lol.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

You have to change the hex values in those 8 black-outlined boxes.

I usually leave the 00s alone and just move the other hex values up one or down one. Though there's a certain value range that you can't go above/below, otherwise the game will freeze when you load up that player on the in-game editor.

If the new values you've assigned are working, you'll find that the player's name will show up completely blank when you check the in-game player edit screen. At that point, you are free to rename the player.

Last edited by jyoung; 06-11-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:29 AM   #5
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

Thanks alot for this. I created the starting lineups for the Saints and Panthers but I am running into another roadblock. When I tried to create the roster for the Seahawks, my players stopped showing up in Finn's editor. I'm thinking there is a "limit" on the amount of players that you can edit in the editor. Anybody else have this issue?
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Are you trying to find players by first/last name in Finn's PC editor?

As the names database becomes more and more corrupted, using the sort by name feature gets less and less reliable.

Instead, I recommend sorting by tier, position, jersey number and abilities. I usually have no trouble finding my players that way, even if their names appear screwy inside the PC editor.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #7
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Are you trying to find players by first/last name in Finn's PC editor?

As the names database becomes more and more corrupted, using the sort by name feature gets less and less reliable.

Instead, I recommend sorting by tier, position, jersey number and abilities. I usually have no trouble finding my players that way, even if their names appear screwy inside the PC editor.
I have tried that. It seems that my players aren't showing up altogether. I think that the editor is "capped" at 1525 players.
-Rocky Balboa
Old 07-13-2014, 05:05 AM   #8
Rookie

Cyco9's Arena

OVR: 0

Well another year without a new 2K football game so I recently took another crack at updating my team's roster.

I revamped my Buccaneers roster to this year's players and new uniforms by tweaking Ratesport's rosters from last year. I've never used the hex modifier but I downloaded Finn's editor and combo'ed that with the in game editing options.

I knew I wanted to update the new uni's but I also knew that if I go into the team editor in game that it would reset all my non-star players with random generics.

I ended up making all the regular players on the roster into bronze stars in Finn's editor so they wouldn't default to scrubs when I edited the team name and uni's in game. I then made the name updates in the "edit player" menu in the game and changed each non-star back to generic level when I was done. Now the file is back to two gold, three silver and six bronze and plays great.

I haven't tried playing online yet but I'll probably end up testing it sometime soon.

Overall I'm happy with the results of the new uniforms but I do wish there were more options to get them a little bit closer to the real thing. I honestly don't like the alarm clock font of the new uniforms but I do like the number font that I ended up with in game. Overall the shoulder pad style looks pretty close to the real thing. I looked at other logo options that might match the shape of the Bucs flag a little better but I didn't like the fact that I would end up loosing the skull and bones theme in the endzones. I might tweak the red in the logo one more time but that would probably be it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG2481.jpg (636.3 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg New-TB-Buccaneers-Uniforms-2014.jpg (48.3 KB, 68 views)

BAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »