Home

Old 12-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: New APF Football Editor

Quote:
Didn't the rate sports guys figure this all out already?
It seemed like he did, but he never shared any of his knowledge with the community.

You can try contacting him if you like, since he was banned from posting on this forum:

http://ratesports.weebly.com/contact.html
Old 12-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #10
Rookie

tbennett54's Arena

OVR: 5

Even though its off-topic, but JAVO, have you thought of making an editor for College Hoops 2k8?
Old 12-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbennett54
Even though its off-topic, but JAVO, have you thought of making an editor for College Hoops 2k8?

I thought there was one for College Hoops already? If not, then are people making rosters by manually editing the hex file?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If you use this method, it also only changes a player's displayed name. The announcers will still refer to the athlete's original name in the play-by-play commentary.

So are you saying there is another section where you can change names but restricted to their original sizes or are you referring to all names having this limitation.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
So are you saying there is another section where you can change names but restricted to their original sizes or are you referring to all names having this limitation.
The character restrictions only apply to the names that appear from offset 00208730 through offset 00222560. That is one method of changing names from within a hex editor.

The other method I've used to change names is just doing it normally from inside APF 2K8's player edit screen. There are no character restrictions there.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-04-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #14
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I hate to stick my nose in here. I know nothing about programming. lol. I spend a ton of time editing rosters for NCAA, I did a large portion of the "Buffeye" NCAA roster. I was wondering if it is even possible to create a hex editor like they used on our NCAA 14 roster, but for the ps2 versions of NCAA football? I'm just curious if this is possible.

I plan on doing a current NCAA football roster for next season with all the FBS, and FCS teams done. Basically I want to bring the old gameplay back to life with current players. Any help would be appreciated gents.... thanks!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Integrity
I was wondering if it is even possible to create a hex editor like they used on our NCAA 14 roster, but for the ps2 versions of NCAA football? I'm just curious if this is possible

Im sure it's possible technically, but it would be a matter of getting someone who knew programming and had interest in NCAA.

I don't really have any interest to be honest and this stuff takes a massive amount of time to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #16
Banned

Do you know which offset is the first player in the file?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »