Banned

OVR: 5
Re: New APF Football Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
First legend player on a CPU Team (Mark Smith, Scorpions) offset = 0000D180

First created player on a created team offset = 000829F0

First legend player on a created team offset = 000843E0
Just to be clear, you are looking at an XBOX 360 file and not a PS3 right?
Old 12-05-2014, 12:16 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yes, everything I've posted is referring to the Xbox 360 version.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:23 AM   #20
Banned

I just spent about an hour or so looking at the roster file and trying to matchup the offsets you mentioned and I'm not seeing the hex values in the same arrangement you described on page one of this thread.

I spent some of this time researching threads again to see if I can begin digging up what the community has learned over the years.

I messed around with the roster files way back (my old screen name was Javo007) in case you don't recognize me.

This is very confusing and I could use help nailing down the research already done so I can begin coding. Making sense of this stuff with caps, legends, etc and the number of teams you can have total and the way apf restricts things make my mind burn.

What I would need in the offset ranges for all teams and players within those teams. Along with how many hex values are in each player's section of attributes.

Then I can start at least pick up the format and then work towards how to get the names working.

In 2k4 and 2k5 the names were referenced as pointers in each players attribute sections.

I don't know if apf is doing the same but it has to be doing something to track player names back to a player.

If you or anyone else can help me get organized I can start coding sooner and save my brain a little headache.

Let me know.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #21
Rookie

tbennett54's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
I thought there was one for College Hoops already? If not, then are people making rosters by manually editing the hex file?
Rosters isn't the problem. I was wondering if it was possible to have updated conferences, able to have play in games, and change the schedule. Sorta like the NCAA 14 playoff mod.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #22
Banned

Without looking the gamesave, I really can't comment. But I'm sure you could do those things given the time and resources.

That game is not even in my radar, so I really am not the best person to comment on this topic.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
This is very confusing and I could use help nailing down the research already done so I can begin coding. Making sense of this stuff with caps, legends, etc and the number of teams you can have total and the way apf restricts things make my mind burn.
You can only have 8 user-created teams. Their players will appear from offset 000829F0 until offset 0009EE90.

The players from the remaining 24 CPU teams are listed from offset 0000D180 until offset 0005ECC0.

Quote:
Along with how many hex values are in each player's section of attributes.
It varies depending on the type of player your looking at. Created players usually have larger data cells than legends and generics. The reason is that created players have different facial structures than legends and generics. Other than the face section, their data blocks will be the same size.

You can tell where one player cell ends and another begins by looking for the strings of 00s and FFs in the hex code.

Here's what a generic player's cell looks like:

You can tell he's a generic player because of the hex code 84 at offset 00087A60. 84 = generic, 05 = created player, 04 = legend.

The player directly above that generic is a legend on the same team:

Even though the legend has 00s instead of 7Fs for his facial data, that block is still the same size.

The image I posted on page one shows what a created player looks like:

The "green" facial data block for a created player is much larger and full of different 7x and 8x values.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-05-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #24
Banned

Awesome! This is definitely a good start for me to workout the player structure.

I'll start doing some stuff this weekend and will update this thread if I have any questions or updates

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »