Home

Old 12-05-2014, 11:07 PM   #25
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New APF Football Editor

If you're looking for a list of things to find and/or put in the editor, this particular thread below was created for Finn if he ever started back working on it. I personally believe a lot of it is possible if you had the right programmer.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2k-editor.html

I've been working on a Classic Teams (1961-1980) roster for myself for the past year so any new addition to the editor would help out tremendously. Good luck, we're all pulling for you.

EDIT* Apparently the link isn't working but the thread is pretty new and titled "What is your (FlyingFinn) wish list for the 2K Editor?".

Last edited by theDude47; 12-05-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 5

Just a quick note... when I edit a Roster file in Finn's editor he makes a ton of changes for just one edit, like if I edit one player's number and hit save.

Does anyone know if this is done on purpose???
Old 12-07-2014, 01:07 AM   #27
Banned

Okay, I had some time tonight and thanks to the help of JYoung for pointing out the blocks he suspected were the names (they were btw) I think I've figured how the Player Names work.

There's much more to go as I've still just been researching the hex, but I just need a little more time to run some tests on the names and make sure they're working as I suspect.

I'm planning on using my recent NFL 2k4 editor as a base and strip it down to just have names to start for APF. The way I did names in 2k4 was slightly different and from what I can see so far APF is pointing to names in the same fashion as 2k4, but is also reusing names similar to how Finn wrote his 2k5 editor. Not sure why 2K did this unless they were running out of room in the hex file, but I see tons of 00's so it doesn't make much sense to me.

In any event, I hope to get some more time tomorrow and will post an update very soon on my findings. I hate to predict things, but if things go smooth an editor to edit names could be out within a week or so.

Off to bed... peace!
Old 12-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #28
Banned

One of the things I'd like to do is create a Photo and Face dropdown with "real" pics from the game.

If anyone wants to help, it would be awesome if you could take headshots of every Legend (to start with) and send them to me with the name of the player and their pic.

This way when we choose a player to use we can see their face vs. just a number.

I'm starting to get the feeling of doing a lot of things with this new editor and I'd like the community to help so we can all participate and speed things up.

I also need help with what's already been uncovered. For example, uniforms... if we want to have the ability to switch uniforms across teams, then maybe someone can dig up how that works in the hex and I can code from there. I can always look these up myself, because I know how to find them in the OS forums but it would help if people can start organizing things for me to save me time.

Also, things like teams and how players are organized into teams. I'd like to be able to have the editor show teams and not just one huge list like the Finn editor. If anyone knows how this works, then let me know.

In addition, I would like a streamlined version of what things we can add to this editor with a priority beside each item. I'm aware of the wishlist thread, but I'd rather have a list with background on what's been uncovered from our fellow Hex peeps out there so it's not just a wishlist item with no research. We can even create new threads for each item so they only have things related to that item, like names or teams or uniforms for instance.

Let me know what you think.

I've started the first thread here... once we here more on the next priorities I will create new threads.

Player Names Thread

Last edited by KingJavo; 12-07-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
I also need help with what's already been uncovered. For example, uniforms... if we want to have the ability to switch uniforms across teams, then maybe someone can dig up how that works in the hex and I can code from there. I can always look these up myself, because I know how to find them in the OS forums but it would help if people can start organizing things for me to save me time.
It's actually pretty easy to change uniforms from one team to another using a hex editor. The game stores each team's uniform info in two different places on a roster file: 1) color palette data 2) logo data

So all you have to do is copy the hex codes from one team and paste them over another team.

CPU teams' color palettes start at offset 001F0040

Created teams' color palettes start at offset 001F0C40

This is what a color palette looks like in hex:

CPU teams’ logos start at offset 001F3220

Created teams’ logos start at offset 001F4E20

This is what a logo looks like in hex:

Quote:
Also, things like teams and how players are organized into teams. I'd like to be able to have the editor show teams and not just one huge list like the Finn editor. If anyone knows how this works, then let me know.
For the 24 CPU teams, the roster file simply lists all the players of one team, and then it immediately begins listing the next team. I never noticed anyone out of place for the CPU teams. Players on the same team will be grouped one after the other in the roster file.

The 8 created teams are mostly listed in order, but it's probably something like 95% in order, as every now and then you'll have some players who will show up in weird places on the file. But even the hard-to-find guys will always fall within the 000829F0 to 0009EE90 offset range.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-07-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

I believe the way Ratesports edited the generics was by going into the editor and changing all the generic players from code "80" to "05". Then go to the Xbox and edit the names there. The problem is that you can only play the game offline and when that edited player makes a play, it'll call him by it's original name. Thats why I reprogrammed the generics so that I can have 35-40 players per team and still play the game online.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:01 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

You can get past the mandatory online roster check if you go back and change all your edited generics' player type hex code to 80 or 84 after you've finished making changes to them.

Having edited generics with an 05 player code is one of the things that will cause a roster file to fail the online check.

You have to use hex code 80 for generics on a CPU team and hex code 84 for generics on a user-created team.

I used to play in online leagues where our teams were entirely comprised of edited players, and that was the trick we used to "beat the system."

I never found a solution to getting the play-by-play names working, though.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-08-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 02:18 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
You can get past the mandatory online roster check if you go back and change all your edited generics' player type hex code to 80 or 84 after you've finished making changes to them.

Having edited generics with an 05 player code is one of the things that will cause a roster file to fail the online check.

You have to use hex code 80 for generics on a CPU team and hex code 84 for generics on a user-created team.

I used to play in online leagues where our teams were entirely comprised of edited players, and that was the trick we used to "beat the system."

I never found a solution to getting the play-by-play names working, though.
I did the same exact thing that you did....after editing them I changed their codes back to 84 and 80 and the game still froze on me. Thats why I just reprogram generics into different positions so that I can get 35-40 players on a team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »