Home

New APF Football Editor

This is a discussion on New APF Football Editor within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #33
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New APF Football Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It's actually pretty easy to change uniforms from one team to another using a hex editor. The game stores each team's uniform info in two different places on a roster file: 1) color palette data 2) logo data
Sadly, this doesn't cover every part of the uniform. Using this system, you can change almost everything about the logo and uniform except for three things:

- Orientation of numbers/logo on sleeves/shoulders (if you copy from a created team onto a CPU team, the CPU team's orientation will not change)

- Whether logo appears on collar or not

- Logo on helmet (say if you want to make the Browns as a created team and copy the uniform onto a CPU team, there will be a logo on the helmet instead of there not being one)

I believe it is somewhere in the hex that these things could be changed. If someone could find it, that would be awesome. It's been annoying me as I've been making a roster for the past 3 years.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #34
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

Did the rates sports guys figure out the missing uniform items?
Old 12-30-2014, 10:54 PM   #35
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

I've got the Team names working. Had a small bug, but now you can change ANY team's name to whatever length you want in the editor.

I also discovered just now that when you take your roster online, the hex pointers for players and teams point to an online version of our file and not your version. For instance, if you make a bunch of name changes to the roster and then take it online, the names that will be used are from the online original roster.

The way my editor works, is it points names to other spots on the file and you create your name there. When I go online, the pointer now points to whatever was in the original roster file instead.

For example, if I move my player from position 2308671 to 230800 (fictitious offsets) then my player name might go from "John" to "Henry". When I take the roster online, the 230800 spot points to an original roster name of "xxx" that might have been there before.

Hope that makes sense to you guys. The bottom line is if you want to use team or player names online, then you have to just reuse other names in the file and you CAN"T create your own. This was not the way I built the editor, but it can be done if the community wants online capabilities for renaming teams and players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2014, 07:35 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
if the community wants online capabilities for renaming teams and players.
Yes! I hope all of you guys that have been begging for an updated editor are ready to contribute when this is finished. Great work (and a lot of time from King Javo).
Old 01-04-2015, 03:26 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just wondering, with a new editor will we be able to make 8 team leagues like ratesports did but with the 20 caps per team?
Old 01-05-2015, 01:32 AM   #38
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

I think so. We'll be able to do a lot and it's coming very soon.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:18 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

COOL! Man would be great to have updated stadiums..
Old 01-06-2015, 01:12 AM   #40
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Preview of editor...

http://youtu.be/9Zfhr05lLPs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »