Home

APF Editor - #1 Player Names

This is a discussion on APF Editor - #1 Player Names within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2014, 01:11 AM   #25
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: APF Editor - #1 Player Names

Doing the names has been painful, soley because of the way the names were shared, the spaces in between names, and some weird things with players names being cutoff or missing first or last names.

I think I'm getting close. Just need to clean up some things and I may have the first release as early as this weekend.

I'll probably need some help testing the editor to flush out bugs before releasing to the public though.

JYoung you have time to test?

Night night...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #26
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

One more thing, have you had experience with changing names like Night Train Lane and Rocket Ismail?

I'm only seeing their last names in game and I can't find those nicknames in the hex. I think Pepper Johnson may be another example, but I may be wrong.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:59 AM   #27
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Worked hard on the editor over the weekend.

Getting the names to fully work took a good amount of work. This file is very tricky compared to the 2k5 and 2k4 files.

Anyhow, I believe I have the names coded and testing is next. I'm not 100% certain all scenarios are working, but I've done a decent amount of testing on all types of players and things seem to be working.

I'm sure there are bugs, but maybe we get lucky.

I basically removed all the names along with the team history sections and rebuilt the file with only names back to back like the 2k files. I then remapped all names to their new offset homes.

As part of of the rebuilding process, I made a slot for every player to have their own first and last name slots and no more sharing of names.

So every time you load a file in the editor it rebuilds the names.

The colleges were also a tough one because he game actually skips 13 colleges in the hex and just uses player names. I've figured this out and should have it coded by early this week.

I've also coded all the missing attributed from thread #3. I'll need someone to test all things.

Please PM me if you'd like to test the editor prior to it being released to the public.

Thx again for all the pointers. There's a ton more to go, but if we can get the names to work then that's a major score.

They were a monster!!!!
Old 12-16-2014, 08:12 AM   #28
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
One more thing, have you had experience with changing names like Night Train Lane and Rocket Ismail?

I'm only seeing their last names in game and I can't find those nicknames in the hex. I think Pepper Johnson may be another example, but I may be wrong.

Can anyone help here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »