Home

APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-17-2015, 03:36 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: APF 2K8 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Thanks for your continued work on this
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
I loved the XFL rule of not kicking extra points. If there is any way to pull it off, I'd love to see a special edit where extra points plays are removed/disabled from the playbooks for the CPU and user. I'd love to see what it would be like to be forced to have to earn those points.
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Please tell me this can be done!?
Old 01-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #83
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Please tell me this can be done!?
That would be really difficult to do though,(well at least I would think so) as you would first have to find where exactly the playbooks are stored in the hex file and then understand fully how it works. Not only that you would then have to figure how to remove certain packages and formations (such as the field goal formation) from the hex itself as it cannot be done in game.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers99_58_36
That would be really difficult to do though,(well at least I would think so) as you would first have to find where exactly the playbooks are stored in the hex file and then understand fully how it works. Not only that you would then have to figure how to remove certain packages and formations (such as the field goal formation) from the hex itself as it cannot be done in game.

I'm pretty sure if it was found the game would crash because the code is expecting to have a field goal play to choose from.

But you never know.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:00 PM   #85
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJavo
I'm pretty sure if it was found the game would crash because the code is expecting to have a field goal play to choose from.

But you never know.
Yep. Also the possibility of it not even working at all. Haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 02:32 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 0

Can never be 100% certain of everything that will or won't work until you try, at least with some things anyway. I don't know much about this hexing stuff as it's not exactly well-charted territory in the same vein as dealing with established programming languages.

I am a programmer myself so I do understand that manipulations can cause all sorts of instability. At the same time, since the game is actually not setup to only expect a field goal after a TD as you can also run any non-kicking play in the playbook at that point and go for 2, there is the possibility that it will simply run whatever play is made available. So the idea would be to manipulate the playbook or somehow replace the kicking plays with other plays in a specific playbook package. Big challenge though would probably be trying to combat a likely variable hardcoded into the game for kicking at other points besides the XP. But as I've said, it would have to be explored to know if it's even possible.

Don't know if it can be done, but just an idea. Also, it would have to be an option in the editor as you wouldn't want to force everyone to use it.

Last edited by FaceMask; 01-17-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #87
Rookie

WOW Lots on info on these threads, lots to take in.
So If I understand it right, with this editor we can replace the teams that come in the game, as well as making teams like always? Also we can make as many caps per team, (all of the players on lets say 77 cowboys or 66 packers? or just 20 per team?} Leagues-8 team leagues or more? Oh and also be able to have cpu vs cpu games?

THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK!!!!

Last edited by K33057; 01-17-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:45 PM   #88
Rookie

Why shouldn't cpu vs cpu games be possible? or do you mean cpu vs. cpu games in the league mode?

@KingJavo:

this is just awesome. i had the game a long time on the ps3,always loved it but felt it was way too restrictive. but after reading about your new editor and watching the videos on youtube i bought the freaking game for the xbox as well. since its only available in the u.s. i have to wait up to 2 weeks to get the game, but then im going to start editing like hell.

if it's going to work like i hope it does, you can be sure you'll get a sizeable donation from me.

greetings from austria

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »